Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED, Not Dreaming] Multiple Graphs From One GRAPH FILE Command. . .am I dreaming?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED, Not Dreaming] Multiple Graphs From One GRAPH FILE Command. . .am I dreaming?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I seem to recall that I was able to produce multiple graphs from a single GRAPH FILE command in the past, from judicious use of BY and ACROSS. HTML output. This would have been years back.

Am I just dreaming that? Don't hold back if I was. I seem to recall stumbling upon it and being pleasantly surprised.

I'm beginning the think I've forgotten more than I currently know.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Edwards,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Do you mean something like this?

Select 'Chart' then, add State to Rows (under Matrix), and Product in Columns, and Dollar Sales in Color, and Unit Sales in Size?

You can select Multi-Pies from the Other icon on the formatting tab.

Or what?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi John,
are you referring to using GRMERGE settings
If you set it to ON you will see one garph while the bellow code will generate multiple graphs.

GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
BY CAR
ACROSS COUNTRY
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRWIDTH 1
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE OFF
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH BAR
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
END 

WF 8.2.04
Windows/Unix
All Formats
In Focus since 2006

Posts: 74 | Location: UK | Registered: September 17, 2018Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Don't know which version you are using but looking starting page 143 may help :
Creating HTML5 Charts

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Addy:
Hi John,
are you referring to using GRMERGE settings
If you set it to ON you will see one graph while the below code will generate multiple graphs.

ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE OFF

BooYah! I'm buying the next round for Addy!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'll mention that I'm still getting an odd effect. This is a date driven report where I want to display each month as a separate graph (one bar per day). January works perfectly, starting January 1 and going through January 31. February starts on January 1 and shows no data for the first 31 bars, then shows February's days. March starts on January 1 and shows no data for the first 59 bars, then shows March's days.

So I need to figure out how to limit display to just the days shown in the month. But I'll work with that. Haven't gotten into debug mode on it yet. Edit -- Got it. Got rid of ACROSS and just used BYs, changed a few settings. Everything is trimmed up now.

Thank you Addy for reaffirming my sanity, I knew I remembered seeing multiple graphs from a single request in prior versions.

Thank you all!

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'll join you for that next round, and buy the one after that...

John: Where's 'The Mast'?
Addy: Will Popeye be there too?

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:

Right where you would expect it, about midway between the Stern and the Bow.

I was a competitive sailor for years on the Chesapeake Bay, generally worked the mast. Occasionally I was on the Bow (I'm big and kinda klutzy so this is a bad thing, but I knew the job) or was sometimes in the Pit. But I was the first stringer at the mast.

It's odd how you're "on" the Bow, but "at" the Mast, or "in" the Pit. But there it is.

Home is just outside of Annapolis Maryland. I'll buy you a drink at Middleton's if you're up this way.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks John, I (actually) knew where the mast would be. But didn't know, and thanks for, the details about your sailing experiences. I didn't do much, but, I was 'in the pit' / 'Gadget Man' on the Great South Bay of Long Island.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nice part of the world to sail. I did the 'Round Long Island race a couple of times back in the 90s.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
I'll join you for that next round, and buy the one after that...

Addy: Will Popeye be there too?

Oh Yes Popeye will be there with Sailor John.. the round after next to next is on me Smiler

WF 8.2.04
Windows/Unix
All Formats
In Focus since 2006

Posts: 74 | Location: UK | Registered: September 17, 2018Report This Post