Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE OPENED] Join Issue in Hadoop Hive
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE OPENED] Join Issue in Hadoop Hive
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
It appears that I am having an issue with joining in this report I created in InfoAssist within a Hadoop Hive instance. My errors from the SQL trace preview are below and my code is below. I get an error about "JOINED SEGMENTS RESIDE IN MORE THAN ONE NODE OR SUBSYSTEM" and "RDBMS-MANGED JOIN HAS BEEN DISABLED". So therefore, it's not joining and breaking the report query into 4 multiple SQL queries on the backend. These are native synonyms being used in the join. I have to join from one table to another table to get to the other table (I have to join from the MDM_REDADINGS table to the MDM_METER_LOCATION table to get to MDM_VEE_GROUP table). Any suggestions, please let me know.

Error with SQL trace preview:

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 1 LINES= 1
FOC2510 - FOCUS-MANAGED JOIN SELECTED FOR FOLLOWING REASON(S):
FOC2519 - THE JOINED SEGMENTS RESIDE IN MORE THAN ONE NODE OR SUBSYSTEM
FOC2590 - AGGREGATION NOT DONE FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON:
FOC2592 - RDBMS-MANAGED JOIN HAS BEEN DISABLED
SELECT
T1.`ami_meter_id`,
T1.`channel`,
T1.`end_date_millis`,
T1.`flow_direction`,
T1.`meter_location_uuid`,
T1.`rate_schedule_uuid`,
T1.`reading_reported_date_time`,
T1.`reported_date_time`,
T1.`start_date_millis`,
T1.`unit_of_measure`,
T1.`value`
FROM
mdm_readings T1
WHERE
(T1.`ami_meter_id` = '135628301')
LIMIT 500 ;
SELECT
T2.`vee_group_uuid`
FROM
mdm_meter_location T2
WHERE
(T2.`uuid` = ?)
LIMIT 500 ;
SELECT
T3.`name`
FROM
mdm_vee_group T3
WHERE
(T3.`uuid` = ?) AND
(T3.`name` = 'Residential-Group 2 (100-500)')
LIMIT 500 ;
SELECT
T4.`description`
FROM
mdm_rate_schedule T4
WHERE
(T4.`uuid` = ?) AND
(T4.`description` = 'Residential - Single Phase')
LIMIT 500 ;
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 0 LINES= 0

Code Logic:

-*COMPONENT=Join_J001
JOIN INNER MDM_READINGS.MDM_READINGS.METER_LOCATION_UUID IN MDM_READINGS
TO UNIQUE MDM_METER_LOCATION.MDM_METER_LOCATION.UUID IN MDM_METER_LOCATION TAG J001 AS J001
END
-*COMPONENT=Join_J002
JOIN INNER J001.MDM_METER_LOCATION.VEE_GROUP_UUID IN MDM_READINGS
TO UNIQUE MDM_VEE_GROUP.MDM_VEE_GROUP.UUID IN MDM_VEE_GROUP TAG J002 AS J002
END
-*COMPONENT=Join_J003
JOIN INNER MDM_READINGS.MDM_READINGS.RATE_SCHEDULE_UUID IN MDM_READINGS
TO UNIQUE MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.UUID IN MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE TAG J003 AS J003
END
-*COMPONENT=Define_MDM_READINGS
DEFINE FILE MDM_READINGS
ST_DATE/HMDYYS=DF.convertepochvalues.EpochToDateTime1 ( MDM_READINGS.MDM_READINGS.START_DATE_MILLIS ) ;
END_DATE/HMDYYS=DF.convertepochvalues.EpochToDateTime1 ( MDM_READINGS.MDM_READINGS.END_DATE_MILLIS ) ;
END
-DEFAULTH &WF_SUMMARY='Summary';
-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
TABLE FILE MDM_READINGS
BY MDM_READINGS.MDM_READINGS.AMI_METER_ID
BY MDM_READINGS.MDM_READINGS.READING_REPORTED_DATE_TIME
BY MDM_READINGS.MDM_READINGS.REPORTED_DATE_TIME
BY ST_DATE
BY END_DATE
BY MDM_READINGS.MDM_READINGS.UNIT_OF_MEASURE
BY MDM_READINGS.MDM_READINGS.VALUE
BY MDM_READINGS.MDM_READINGS.CHANNEL
BY MDM_READINGS.MDM_READINGS.FLOW_DIRECTION
WHERE J002.MDM_VEE_GROUP.NAME EQ &p_vee_group_name.(OR(FIND MDM_VEE_GROUP.MDM_VEE_GROUP.NAME IN MDM_VEE_GROUP |FORMAT=A32765V)).VEE Group Name.;
WHERE J003.MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.DESCRIPTION EQ &p_rate_desc.(OR(FIND MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.DESCRIPTION IN MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE |FORMAT=A32765V)).Rate Description.;
WHERE MDM_READINGS.MDM_READINGS.AMI_METER_ID EQ '135628301';
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET AUTOFIT OFF
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET SQUEEZE ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON TABLE SET EMPTYREPORT ON
ON TABLE SET WEBVIEWTARG OFF
ON TABLE SET WEBVIEWER ON
ON TABLE SET GRWIDTH 1
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/javaassist/intl/EN/combine_templates/Mosaic.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT=&WF_TITLE.QUOTEDSTRING, SUMMARY=&WF_SUMMARY.QUOTEDSTRING, ARGRAPHENGINE=JSCHART, $
ENDSTYLE
END

-RUN

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Technically, this is not an error.

This is a warning telling you that Focus hasn't been able to use the optimized SQL JOIN so it will (as you saw) use 4 different SQL to retrieve the data.
Then the data will be JOINed inside Focus internal Matrix to give you the result.
Your result should be the proper one with the exception that the JOINing step has been accomplished by Focus RS instead of SQL server

In your specific case your data may reside under different schema or DB which causing the warning or due to multi-level joining:
parent A to child A-1 then child A-1 to child A-1-1 and the parent A to child A-2.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Any suggestions, let me know.

Turning my immediate notifications on.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks MartinY for the reply. I should be getting data returned for the report though and there is no data. I have tested a similar SQL query directly against the database and it returns data. Here is the SQL query below. Let me kmow if I am missing something.

select mdm_readings.ami_meter_id, mdm_readings.start_date_millis, utc_millis_to_string(start_date_millis, 'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm:ss') as start_date
from mdm_readings 
inner join mdm_meter_location on mdm_meter_location.uuid = mdm_readings.meter_location_uuid
inner join mdm_vee_group on mdm_meter_location.vee_group_uuid = mdm_vee_group.uuid
inner join mdm_rate_schedule on mdm_rate_schedule.uuid = mdm_readings.rate_schedule_uuid
where mdm_vee_group.name = 'Residential-Group 2 (100-500)' 
AND   mdm_rate_schedule.description  = 'Residential - Single Phase' 
AND   mdm_readings.ami_meter_id = '135628301';

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What is your setting for
SET ALL =
?

Look at: Including Missing Instances in Reports With the SET ALL Parameter
It may be related to that.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not setting SET ALL in the fex. I am trying to see if it is set at the reporting server level. In any event, I can try setting it to see if there is an impact. Do you happen to know where I can set it in InfoAssist+ 8201? It seems like it is hidden in this version.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
MartinY - I added the setting for SET ALL=PASS and then SET ALL=ON and it looks like there is no impact to the SQL trace. Still the same queries with no records returned. Let me know your thoughts.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does your joined fields have the same format and length in corresponding master files ?

Something else that you can try is to extract step by step, meaning without the JOIN.
1- Extract only from MDM_READINGS and look at the result
2- Add the JOIN to MDM_METER_LOCATION and look at the result
3- Add the JOIN to MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE and look at the result
4- Add the JOIN to MDM_VEE_GROUP and look at the result

That way you may find from where the issue is

Another option is to use the SQL pass through to avoid the use of IBI connector "translation".
Lot of post on how to use it.

The input parameters may also be an issue since you forced to have FORMAT=A32765V. If format of input parm and compared field is not the same it may cause unexpected result. Just a thought. I don't know why you specified the FORMAT.

In Focus since 2007

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I suspect it is your defines against the dates that are causing your issues. The filters in the split SQL statement could also be causing problems based on the format. The trick here is to ensure the SQL is built properly. Change the dates to use the HIVE calculation:
DEFINE FILE XXX
ST_DATE/HYYMDS = DB_EXPR(utc_millis_to_string(start_date_millis, 'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm:ss'));
END_DATE/HYYMDS = DB_EXPR(utc_millis_to_string(end_date_millis, 'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm:ss'));  
END

If that corrects the translated SQL, then it should solve the problem as well.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
dhagen - I am not using those Defines now. I have built them to use in a parameter selection, but have excluded the parameter filter for now while I'm troubleshooting. However, I guess it could possibly still be causing an issue. I have created this report in InfoAssist and have to use InfoAssist for report creation. I'd rather code it, but I have to use InfoAssist. So given that, which function would this be in InfoAssist or would I have to create a user-defined function for it?

MartinY - Yes, the joined fields have the same format. I had to change one of the fields the came over differently from the db, but they are the same now...I11. I can troubleshoot by extracting step by step to see if I can see where the issue is. In regards to SQL pass through, do you know how to use it with GUI of InfoAssist? I know how to use it when coding, but I don't readily see how to use it through the GUI of InfoAssist.

Also, in regards to the input parameters, I can not choose a format for it. The FORMAT of A32765V is the format of the fields in the synonyms. This is the logic that InfoAssist uses for the WHERE parameter filter in the code in the background.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AMC:
dhagen - I am not using those Defines now. I have built them to use in a parameter selection, but have excluded the parameter filter for now while I'm troubleshooting.

What does that mean exactly?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
So I tried this as a Define in InfoAssist as a format of HYYMDS as dhagen suggests:

DB_EXPR(utc_millis_to_string(start_date_millis, 'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm:ss'))

This gives me a FOC36343 error of "SQL SPECIFIC SYNTAX CANNOT BE USED IN CONSTANT DEFINE ST_DATE2. WITH OPTION IS REQUIRED".

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
The FORMAT of A32765V is the format of the fields in the synonyms.

Some ingestion methods in hive abstract the column type and treat it like a CLOB, this is what you are seeing. In these situations, I manually change the master to make the formats more usable. You can adjust the master for these columns to look like a delimited file master. Change your USAGE to a more suitable value, and then change the ACTUAL to AxxV. WF will cast on the fly when the data is pulled in, so you shouldn't have any problems.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I tried this as a Define in InfoAssist as a format of HYYMDS as dhagen suggests:

DB_EXPR(utc_millis_to_string(start_date_millis, 'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm:ss'))

This gives me a FOC36343 error of "SQL SPECIFIC SYNTAX CANNOT BE USED IN CONSTANT DEFINE ST_DATE2. WITH OPTION IS REQUIRED".

You have to use the WITH options with DB_EXPR. My mistake for not putting that in the example:

DEFINE FILE XXX
ST_DATE/HYYMDS WITH somefield = DB_EXPR(utc_millis_to_string(start_date_millis, 'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm:ss'));
END_DATE/HYYMDS WITH somefield = DB_EXPR(utc_millis_to_string(end_date_millis, 'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm:ss'));  
END  

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
dhagen - It means that they are commented out for now while I am trying to troubleshoot the report.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
No problem. I know about using the WITH when coding in the editor. Again, I'm using InfoAssist and trying it this way:

WITH CHANNEL DB_EXPR(utc_millis_to_string(start_date_millis, 'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm:ss'))

This gives me a FOC224 error of "SYNTAX ERROR: CHANNEL"

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Put the define in the master file, that way you don't have to expect your users to do it.

This is an example that I am currently using ... just to show that I am not BSing you:
DEFINE prob_dt/HYYMDS  WITH WIFISCANS_HS_T.PROBE_DT_UNIX=DB_EXPR(to_timestamp(left(ltrim(to_char(probe_dt_unix,'999999999999999999999'), ' '),10)::bigint) at time zone 'EST5EDT'); $   

It's a different data base type, but a similar problem.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
So doing it in the master file gives me the same thing:

Invalid expression (FOC224) SYNTAX ERROR: CHANNEL
WITH >>>CHANNEL<<< DB_EXPR[utc_millis_to_string[start_date_millis, 'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm:ss'))

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I tried it in the Data Assist GUI. I guess I can try putting it directly in the text file for the master file too?

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Can you post your mfd?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
What is the syntax again for putting the DEFINE directly in the text file for the master file?

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the mfd:

FILENAME=MDM_READINGS, SUFFIX=SQLJDBC , $
SEGMENT=MDM_READINGS, SEGTYPE=S0, $
FIELDNAME=ACTION, ALIAS=action, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*action', $
FIELDNAME=AMI_METER_ID, ALIAS=ami_meter_id, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*ami_meter_id', $
FIELDNAME=AMI_VENDOR_CODES, ALIAS=ami_vendor_codes, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*ami_vendor_codes', $
FIELDNAME=AMI_VENDOR_UUID, ALIAS=ami_vendor_uuid, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*ami_vendor_uuid', $
FIELDNAME=AMR_DEVICE_TYPE, ALIAS=amr_device_type, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*amr_device_type', $
FIELDNAME=AMR_READING_GROUP, ALIAS=amr_reading_group, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='**MDM_READINGS', $
FIELDNAME=ASSET_TYPE, ALIAS=asset_type, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*asset_type', $
FIELDNAME=ASSET_UUID, ALIAS=asset_uuid, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*asset_uuid', $
FIELDNAME=BUS, ALIAS=bus, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*bus', $
FIELDNAME=CHANNEL, ALIAS=channel, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4,
MISSING=ON, MEASURE_GROUP=MDM_READINGS,
PROPERTY=MEASURE, $
FIELDNAME=CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES, ALIAS=custom_attributes, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=DEMAND_MULTIPLIER, ALIAS=demand_multiplier, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=DIALS, ALIAS=dials, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
PROPERTY=MEASURE, $
FIELDNAME=ELEC_USE_CODE, ALIAS=elec_use_code, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=ELECTRIC_METER_CONFIGURATION_UUID, ALIAS=electric_meter_configuration_uuid, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*electric_meter_configuration_uuid', $
FIELDNAME=ELECTRIC_METER_HISTORY_UUID, ALIAS=electric_meter_history_uuid, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=ELECTRIC_METER_TYPE_UUID, ALIAS=electric_meter_type_uuid, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=END_DATE_MILLIS, ALIAS=end_date_millis, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*end_date_millis', $
FIELDNAME=EXTERNAL_ID, ALIAS=external_id, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*external_id', $
FIELDNAME=FEEDER, ALIAS=feeder, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*feeder', $
FIELDNAME=FLOW_DIRECTION, ALIAS=flow_direction, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*flow_direction', $
FIELDNAME=FORM, ALIAS=form, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*form', $
FIELDNAME=GENERATION_METHOD, ALIAS=generation_method, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=HISTORY_DATE_TIME, ALIAS=history_date_time, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*history_date_time', $
FIELDNAME=IEC_EVENT_CODES, ALIAS=iec_event_codes, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*iec_event_codes', $
FIELDNAME=LAST_CONNECT_DATE_TIME, ALIAS=last_connect_date_time, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*last_connect_date_time', $
FIELDNAME=LAST_DISCONNECT_DATE_TIME, ALIAS=last_disconnect_date_time, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=LINEMAN_SERVICE_AREA_UUID, ALIAS=lineman_service_area_uuid, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=MANUFACTURER, ALIAS=manufacturer, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*manufacturer', $
FIELDNAME=MARKET_POINT, ALIAS=market_point, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=MAX_AMPS, ALIAS=max_amps, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*max_amps', $
FIELDNAME=MAX_ELEMENT_VOLTAGE, ALIAS=max_element_voltage, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=METER_LOCATION_UUID, ALIAS=meter_location_uuid, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=P11,
WITHIN='*meter_location_uuid', $
FIELDNAME=METER_SERVICE_PHASE, ALIAS=meter_service_phase, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*meter_service_phase', $
FIELDNAME=METER_STATUS, ALIAS=meter_status, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=MONTH, ALIAS=month, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*month', $
FIELDNAME=MULTIPLIER, ALIAS=multiplier, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*multiplier', $
FIELDNAME=NET_METER, ALIAS=net_meter, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*net_meter', $
FIELDNAME=OMR_IDS, ALIAS=omr_ids, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*omr_ids', $
FIELDNAME=OMR_TYPE, ALIAS=omr_type, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=OWNED_BY, ALIAS=owned_by, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*owned_by', $
FIELDNAME=OWNER_TYPE, ALIAS=owner_type, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=PARENT_EXTERNAL_ID, ALIAS=parent_external_id, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*parent_external_id', $
FIELDNAME=PHASE, ALIAS=phase, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*phase', $
FIELDNAME=POLE_NUMBER, ALIAS=pole_number, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=PRICE, ALIAS=price, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=PROGRAM_UUID, ALIAS=program_uuid, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=RATE_SCHEDULE_UUID, ALIAS=rate_schedule_uuid, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*rate_schedule_uuid', $
FIELDNAME=RAW_CHANNEL, ALIAS=raw_channel, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4,
PROPERTY=MEASURE, $
FIELDNAME=RAW_FLOW_DIRECTION, ALIAS=raw_flow_direction, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*raw_flow_direction', $
FIELDNAME=RAW_VALUE, ALIAS=raw_value, USAGE=D20.2, ACTUAL=D8,
PROPERTY=MEASURE, $
FIELDNAME=RAW_VEE_VALUE, ALIAS=raw_vee_value, USAGE=D20.2, ACTUAL=D8,
PROPERTY=MEASURE, $
FIELDNAME=READING_METHOD, ALIAS=reading_method, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*reading_method', $
FIELDNAME=READING_REPORTED_DATE_TIME, ALIAS=reading_reported_date_time, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*reading_reported_date_time', $
FIELDNAME=READING_SEQ_NBR, ALIAS=reading_seq_nbr, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4, FIELDTYPE=I,
FIELDNAME=REALM, ALIAS=realm, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
DESCRIPTION='Realm',
WITHIN='*realm', $
FIELDNAME=REPORTED_DATE_TIME, ALIAS=reported_date_time, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*reported_date_time', $
FIELDNAME=SERIAL_NUMBER, ALIAS=serial_number, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*serial_number', $
FIELDNAME=START_DATE_MILLIS, ALIAS=start_date_millis, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*start_date_millis', $
FIELDNAME=STATUS, ALIAS=status, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*status', $
FIELDNAME=SUB_METER_TYPE, ALIAS=sub_meter_type, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*sub_meter_type', $
FIELDNAME=SUBSTATION_UUID, ALIAS=substation_uuid, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*substation_uuid', $
FIELDNAME=TEST_AMPS, ALIAS=test_amps, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*test_amps', $
FIELDNAME=TIMESTAMP, ALIAS=timestamp, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*timestamp', $
FIELDNAME=TRANSFORMER_BANK_ID, ALIAS=transformer_bank_id, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*transformer_bank_id', $
FIELDNAME=TRANSPONDER_ID, ALIAS=transponder_id, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=UNIT_OF_MEASURE, ALIAS=unit_of_measure, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*unit_of_measure', $
FIELDNAME=USER_NAME, ALIAS=user_name, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=VALUE, ALIAS=value, USAGE=D20.2, ACTUAL=D8,
PROPERTY=MEASURE, $
FIELDNAME=VEE_ACTION_CD, ALIAS=vee_action_cd, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*vee_action_cd', $
FIELDNAME=VEE_CHANGE_METHOD, ALIAS=vee_change_method, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=VEE_READING_LOGS, ALIAS=vee_reading_logs, USAGE=BLOB, ACTUAL=BLOB,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*vee_reading_logs', $
FIELDNAME=VEE_VALUE, ALIAS=vee_value, USAGE=D20.2, ACTUAL=D8,
PROPERTY=MEASURE, $
FIELDNAME=VEE_WORKFLOW_UUID, ALIAS=vee_workflow_uuid, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4,
MISSING=ON,
FIELDNAME=WIRES, ALIAS=wires, USAGE=A32765V, ACTUAL=A32765V,
MISSING=ON,
WITHIN='*wires', $
FIELDNAME=YEAR, ALIAS=year, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
MISSING=ON,
DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, CAPTION='Mdm_readings', $
HIERARCHY=substation_uuid, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=timestamp, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=reported_date_time, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=status, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=start_date_millis, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=ami_meter_id, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=reading_reported_date_time, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=end_date_millis, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=history_date_time, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=last_connect_date_time, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=meter_location_uuid, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=month, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=net_meter, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=rate_schedule_uuid, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=electric_meter_configuration_uuid, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=asset_uuid, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=ami_vendor_uuid, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=ami_vendor_codes, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=amr_device_type, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=external_id, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=parent_external_id, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=flow_direction, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=raw_flow_direction, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=max_amps, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=meter_service_phase, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=sub_meter_type, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=omr_ids, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=reading_method, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=vee_reading_logs, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=vee_action_cd, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=owned_by, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=transformer_bank_id, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=action, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=asset_type, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=bus, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=feeder, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=form, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=iec_event_codes, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=manufacturer, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=multiplier, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=phase, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=realm, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=serial_number, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=test_amps, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=unit_of_measure, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=wires, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
MEASUREGROUP=MDM_READINGS, CAPTION='Mdm_readings', $

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
After the last physical field put them there:

FIELDNAME=YEAR, ALIAS=year, USAGE=P20, ACTUAL=P11,
 MISSING=ON,
 DEFINE ST_DATE/HYYMDS  WITH ACTION=DB_EXPR(utc_millis_to_string(start_date_millis, 'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm:ss')); $
 DEFINE END_DATE/HYYMDS  WITH ACTION=DB_EXPR(utc_millis_to_string(end_date_millis, 'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm:ss')); $
DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, CAPTION='Mdm_readings', $

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah so I created them but I'm not seeing them in the list of fields after opening the report in InfoAssist. I have checked to make sure they are not hidden.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
So as a troubleshooting step, I tried to do a basic query on this master file just printing those two Define date fields I added to the text file of the master and I get the following error:

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 1 LINES= 1
(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -1 (HEX: FFFFFFFF) XOPEN: 00000
(FOC1500) : (-1) [00000] JDBFOC>> getrows(): java.lang.NumberFormatException: For
(FOC1500) : input string:
(FOC1500) : "2017-02-27-09-30:00"
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Num
(FOC1500) : berFormatException.java:65)
java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:441)
java
(FOC1500) : .lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:483)
coop.nisc.mdm.extract.jdbc.ResultSet
(FOC1500) : Impl.getTimestamp(ResultSetImpl.java:191)
ibi.jdbfoc.jjdbfoc.getrows(jjd
(FOC1500) : bfoc.java:6072)
ibi.ntj2c.ntj2c.processGetrows(ntj2c.java:1264)
ibi.ntj2
(FOC1500) : c.ntj2c.access$2500(ntj2c.java:402)
ibi.ntj2c.ntj2c$26.process(ntj2c.jav
(FOC1500) : a:675)
ibi.ntj2c.ntj2c.readAndExecuteCommand(ntj2c.java:1555)
ibi.ntj2c.
(FOC1500) : ntj2c.execute(ntj2c.java:1427)
ibi.ntj2c.ntjadapt.execute(ntjadapt.java:
(FOC1500) : 86)
ibi.jdbfoc.jjdbfoc.execute(jjdbfoc.jdbfoc.jjdbfoc.exe
(FOC1407) SQL FETCH CURSOR ERROR. : MDM_READINGS

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That makes sense. The function creates a string. Change format to A19 instead of HYYMDS.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It does make sense. It's possibly a Hive issue there. So, I made the A19 format change and this simple FOCUS query below now returns the 2 Define dates successfully :

TABLE FILE MDM_READINGS
PRINT ST_DATE2
END_DATE2
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 10;
END
-RUN

However, the 2 new Define fields do not show in the list of fields after opening the report in InfoAssist.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You have to add them to the defined hierarchies for them to be exposed to IA.

Also, you should try to adjust the formats for the String columns as I suggested earlier. If you don't, it will turn into a sore point later.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This is what I added....last two hierarchy lines for the define fields. The define fields are now exposed to IA. I can see them in the list of fields now.

HIERARCHY=serial_number, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=test_amps, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=unit_of_measure, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=wires, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=ON, $
HIERARCHY=st_date2, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=YES, $
HIERARCHY=end_date2, HRY_DIMENSION=MDM_READINGS, HIDDEN=YES, $
MEASUREGROUP=MDM_READINGS, CAPTION='Mdm_readings', $

The only thing is of course this hoses up the master file when opening it in the Data Assist tool now because the text file has been edited I guess...similar to what happens when you edit the code behind IA or Report Painter and try to reopen it in IA or Report Painter. However, let me see if this resolves the original issue with report.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ahhh...these new define fields are exposed to IA, but I can not do anything with them. They listed now, but it will not let me move them to the detail of the report in, build a filter, or parameter, etc within IA. Maybe it's because I did this in the text file for the master? Any suggestions?

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL