Focal Point
Generating dynamic Pie charts and Simple reports

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5121022881

September 29, 2006, 03:48 AM
<Sengott>
Generating dynamic Pie charts and Simple reports
I am new to the Web focus tool. I need to generate a report with the following format. A main pie chart drawn for all the severity found for all the platforms in my database. (I have used the severity name in the x and y axis to plot the graph). Then sub graphs showing the severities for each particular platform. The count of the sub graphs depends on the count of the platforms available. Similar to the main pie, I have plotted the sub graphs with severity in the x and y axis and plotting the platform name in the across axis. This part of the report is done. Now I want simple reports (tabular) below the pie charts to be generated with the few selected field corresponding to each platform. As of now I have created three separate procedures for each platform (say Oracle, SQL, UDB by filtering it through the where clause for each procedure) and have imported all the procedures in one html layout. All I want to know is is their any means by which I can pass the platform name dynamic to the procedure. That is like say, I have 'n' platforms I get 'n' no of sub pie graphs by just giving the platform name in the across axis. Similarly will I get tabular reports corresponding to these 'n' platform? Can this be done through a procedure in a simple report? I have just shown a fragment of the code that is taken from one of the tabular Report Procedure. Here ASGN_GRP_I corresponds to the Platform ID

WHERE ( NEWDATE GE '&STRT_TIME.START DATE.' ) AND ( NEWDATE LE '&END_TIME.END DATE.' ) AND ( ASGN_GRP_I EQ 12238 );
October 06, 2006, 11:10 AM
FocWizard
quote:
All I want to know is is their any means by which I can pass the platform name dynamic to the procedure. That is like say, I have 'n' platforms I get 'n' no of sub pie graphs by just giving the platform name in the across axis. Similarly will I get tabular reports corresponding to these 'n' platform? Can this be done through a procedure in a simple report? I have just shown a fragment of the code that is taken from one of the tabular Report Procedure. Here ASGN_GRP_I corresponds to the Platform ID

WHERE ( NEWDATE GE '&STRT_TIME.START DATE.' ) AND ( NEWDATE LE '&END_TIME.END DATE.' ) AND ( ASGN_GRP_I EQ 12238 );

You're asking for two things, and I'm not sure which you want. You say you "get 'n' no of sub pie graphs by just giving the platform name in the across axis. Can this be done through a procedure in a simple report?". But you start off by saying "All I want to know is is their any means by which I can pass the platform name dynamic to the procedure".

Both options are available.

To get several TABLES, with a 'separate' TABLE for each of a set of values (in your case Platform ID), you should add a sort for the field (BY ASGN_GRP_I), and specify the PAGE-BREAK option.

Or, if you want to pass that value to your request, code it as you do for start and end time. Your selection would look like:

ASGN_GRP_I EQ &PLATFORM_ID.ASGN_GRP_I.

The variable asked for is &PLATFORM_ID; the prompt (in this example) is ASGN_GRP_I.