Focal Point
[SOLVED] No report to Distribute Issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5127019216

November 15, 2011, 12:16 PM
Az
[SOLVED] No report to Distribute Issue
Does anyone know how to circumvent RC from sending an error email whenever a report is not distributed?

We schedule RC jobs that only create FOCUS files on the C or D drive of the WF server. But we don't want to get emails that this occurred everyday unless the file actually is not created.

Any ideas?

Thank-you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.1.3
Windows XP
all output
November 15, 2011, 04:37 PM
Severus.snape
Hi,

Instead of an email output select a MRE folder ...we do that in our system..it will not write out any files...

thanks
Sashanka

WF 7.7.03/Windows/HTML,PDF,EXL
POC/local Dev Studio 7.7.03 & 7.6.11
November 16, 2011, 09:32 AM
<JJI>
Az,

Check the settings tab in RC. You can set the notification to "on error". In that case the notification should only be sent out when there is an error.

Do you use FTP or some dos code in a pre- or post processing procedure to save the files on the harddrive of the WF server.
November 16, 2011, 11:16 AM
BobSh
Unfortunately you're an 7.1.3. In 7.6 and 7.7, there is an option for Default Processing for No Report to Distribute. You can set it to be treated as a Warning instead of an Error.

One option is to set the Notification in the schedule to Never. Then, write your own report to read the RC logs and create/distribute an error report. You can set it to run once a day to multiple times during the day.

Another option, but this would require changing each program, is to SET EMPTYREPORT = ON so that at least a heading is produced. Possibly you could add the SET command to your edasprof.prf.

Bob

WebFOCUS 7.7.05M, gen 144, Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit, Tomcat 6.0.33, IIS 7.0, SQL Server, Excel 2013, PDF, HTML, FOCUS files.
November 21, 2011, 04:46 PM
Az
Hello BobSh:
I am in 7702 and I can't see this option you are referring to. How do I find it?

Thnks
Aziz

WebFOCUS 7.1.3
Windows XP
all output
November 22, 2011, 08:28 AM
jgelona
In Report Caster Configuration on the General tab under Default Setting you should see "Default Processing for No Report to Distribute". Change the value to Warning.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
November 22, 2011, 12:07 PM
Az
hello jgelona: I do thank you for the help but I still can't find the place you stated:
I went to:
http://server:8080/ibi_apps/ca...minTool&standalone=Y

Then clicked on Configuration
There were no folders called Default Settings. I looked everywhere. Can you help again please?
Thanks
Aziz

WebFOCUS 7.1.3
Windows XP
all output
November 22, 2011, 12:30 PM
Az
I found it. It worked. Thanks a lot

WebFOCUS 7.1.3
Windows XP
all output