Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Problem in connecting to report caster database.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Problem in connecting to report caster database.
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Can anybody,

I need help in getting connection to report caster database............

At the begining I have sql server 2000 installed in my system, now it is 2005 installed. So, the JDBC jar files differs. I have updated in four places(becz sql server 2005 will have only one "jar" file to connect to report caster database)
1) Classpath.bat
2) Apache Tom cat Class path adjusted webserver
3) reportcaster configuration file.
4) Registry classpath

and tired to start the distribution server.
Its not getting connected. It is showing the following error msg

"Scheduler config error: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"

I think, its not able to identify the JDBC class/jar file in order to connect to database.

What to and how to adjust when we migrate from sql server 2000 and Sqlserver 2005 in order to connect report caster Database/or to start the report caster distribution server.

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
Output: Excel,PDF

Master
posted Hide Post
Turn on Traces, restart RC, look at traces.

Scott

Expert
posted Hide Post
Did you migrate the tables?

Did you run testcfg?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have started the Trace and checked the main.trc I have the information upto as follows....... after that it is not showing any information that it has located and loaded the classs...

I don't know what to do... any suggession please guide me.....

Tue Oct 21 12:19:17 IST 2008: Begin to locate, load and link the class ibi.jlink.EdaDriver
Tue Oct 21 12:19:17 IST 2008: Located, loaded and linked the class successfully.
Tue Oct 21 12:19:17 IST 2008: Begin to register JDBC driver ibi.jlink.EdaDriver for EDASERVE
Tue Oct 21 12:19:17 IST 2008: Registered JDBC driver successfully.
Tue Oct 21 12:19:17 IST 2008: Begin to Add DataServer Repository to DataServer Manager
Tue Oct 21 12:19:17 IST 2008: Added DataServer to DataServer Manager successfully.
Tue Oct 21 12:19:17 IST 2008: Begin to locate, load and link the class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GinnyJakes:
Did you migrate the tables?

Did you run testcfg?

Hi GinnyJakes,

When I first installed WebFocus, I have Sqlserver 2000 Installed already in my system. Later I removed sqlserver 2000 and installed Sql Server 2005.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter. Please run the testcfg utility and see what it tells you. You have to go through all the debugging steps even if you think they are silly.

And frankly, I would open a case with IBI as CSS would be better suited to handle a problem such as this.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
subbu, are the table created in the database. it not you will need to run the utility to recreate them as well.

Scott

Guru
posted Hide Post
What are the values you set for the CLASSPATH in :\ibi\ReportCaster76\bin\classpath.bat?

What registry key did you set for ReportCaster windows reigistry and what value did you give it?

Does ReportCaster start from the command line and fail when started as a service?

If yes then make sure that you have put "" around the value in the registry key, especially if the path contains spaces. ie the value for My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Information Builders\ReportCaster\76\CLASSPATH on my machine is ".\lib\reportcaster.jar;C:\ibi\JDBC\sqljdbc.jar;". The quote marks are actually part of the value.

Again as Ginny suggests, turn on traces and run testcfg - if testcfg works than you know you have the classpath.bat value correct.

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Did you find a solution for this?

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StuBouyer:
What are the values you set for the CLASSPATH in :\ibi\ReportCaster76\bin\classpath.bat?

What registry key did you set for ReportCaster windows reigistry and what value did you give it?

Does ReportCaster start from the command line and fail when started as a service?

If yes then make sure that you have put "" around the value in the registry key, especially if the path contains spaces. ie the value for My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Information Builders\ReportCaster\76\CLASSPATH on my machine is ".\lib\reportcaster.jar;C:\ibi\JDBC\sqljdbc.jar;". The quote marks are actually part of the value.

Again as Ginny suggests, turn on traces and run testcfg - if testcfg works than you know you have the classpath.bat value correct.

Cheers

Stu

Hi StuBouyer,

Sorry for late reply,

I set CLASSPATH=C:\sqljdbc2005\sqljdbc_1.2\enu\sqljdbc.jar;; along with other report caster jar files.

in Registry->Information Builders-> Report caster-> 760 -> CLASSPATH value set to ".\lib\reportcaster.jar;.\lib\activation.jar;.\lib\axis.jar;.\lib\bcmail-jdk14-131.jar;.\lib\bcprov-jdk14-131.jar;.\lib\commons-codec-1.3.jar;.\lib\commons-httpclient-3.0.jar;.\lib\commons-logging.jar;.\lib\log4j-1.2.14.jar;.\lib\ibi_xalan_2_7_0.jar;.\lib\commons_fileupload.1.1.1.jar;.\lib\commons_io.1.1.jar;.\lib\connector-api.jar;.\lib\ibi_xerces_2_7_1.jar;.\lib\ibi_xml_apis_1_3.jar;.\lib\jaxrpc.jar;.\lib\jlink.jar;.\lib\jnlp.jar;.\lib\jsch-0.1.25.jar;.\lib\jsp-api.jar;.\lib\ldap.jar;.\lib\ldapbp.jar;.\lib\mail.jar;.\lib\providerutil.jar;.\lib\servlet-api.jar;.\lib\sshtools-j2ssh.jar;.\lib\webfocus_caster.jar;.\lib\threed.jar;.\lib\caster_tools.jar;.\lib\rccreateutil.jar;C:\sqljdbc2005\sqljdbc_1.2\enu\sqljdbc.jar;;"

and for third question answer is

I don't have tables created for Report caster in the database itself to start the Report caster server command line. All I get this "schedule config error" is becz of the It is not able to refer or recognise the Jar file for sqlserver 2005.

Anyhow I asked my admin to reinstall entier Webfocus client s/w. Now it has created the database tables and also I was sucessfull in starting the RC distribution server

Thanks,
Subbu

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows