Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [TIP] Adding a conditional join to a reporting object

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[TIP] Adding a conditional join to a reporting object
 Login/Join

posted
Thought I would share this tip on reporting objects. When creating a conditional join I usually go into the code and type it out, which is how I learned how to do it originally. But if you are creating a Reporting Object for an Info Assist user, you cannot easily get into the join code of the object to edit it. I tried copying out the fex altering it in notepad and could not copy it back in. I tried going to the server and copying the actual .fex file in over the original fex through Windows and it blew up the Reporting Object. So I fought with the GUI until I got frustrated and almost gave up. After clicking on the Joining table, the Joined table and everything in between I literally had to click in between for the filter icon to become active. For some of you that learned on the GUI it may seem straightforward but for those of us who learned outside the Join interface hopefully it will save you a minor headache.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows-iSeries DB2, All Outputs
HTML

Posts: 29 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: August 23, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Todd,

Thank you so much for sharing the tip with all. I am wondering, by any chance, do you have code and/or screenshots of what you do in this tip? If so, would you mind to send it to me? Maybe I can add this tip to our tips and techniques collection for reference.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post