Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] DevStudio and Windows and Tomcat - Interactive Services Detection message

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] DevStudio and Windows and Tomcat - Interactive Services Detection message
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I am on Windows 7 and just installed DevStudio v7.7.05 which installed Apache Tomcat v6. I continually get a popup window from "Interactive Services Detection" stating:

A program running on this computer is trying to display a message

The program might need information from you or your permission to complete a task.
-> View the message
-> Ask me later

This problem occurs when a program is not fully compatible with Windows.

Can I stop this?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
When I click on View the message, my monitors go black, then I see a Command window for Tomcat. Then I click out of this, the monitors go black and I then return to what I was looking at before, though it's playing havoc with my multiple monitor environment.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis

I found this on the techsupport site. I think it may be the answer. https://techsupport.informatio...ttrack/81512522.html

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Chuck, it looks like I don't have access to this hottrack page.

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
Francis, Have you tried changing the compatibility mode of dev studio?

Fernando

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis

Here is what is in that post....

This "Interactive Services Detection" seems to be an issue with Windows 2008
I found the following under Google which shows you how you can disable this
popup:
If you want to avoid ©Interactive Service Detection dialog box pop-up.

This can be done by disabling the ©Interactive Service Detection © as fallows:

1. Open Control Panel.
2. Double click ©Administrative Tools©.
3. Double-click ©Services©.
4. Select the ©Interactive Service Detection© from the list and Right click
on it.
5. Select ©Stop©.
6. Right click - select Properties.
7. In ©Startup type© select ©Disable©.
8. Click ©OK©.
9. Now you need to reboot your system to make sure it worked.

Here are some useful links :

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/.../vista/services.mspx

http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/b...0/Services-and-Sessi
on-Zero-in-Vista-and-Windows-Server-2008.aspx

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Chuck, thanks for the tip. I've turned it off, unfortunately this turns it off for everything.

It's odd that this is the first time I've encountered this issue.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis

I agree that it is odd behavior. I used Windows 7 for years without issue. If you are not doing anything local on your machine you can uninstall Tomcat 6. If you do need Tomcat you might want to uninstall Tomcat 6 and try Tomcat 7.