Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Error when running an SQL table copy in WebFOCUS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Error when running an SQL table copy in WebFOCUS
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to run a small table copy query in WebFOCUS that would copy a table from an SQL Server to the same database folder on that SQL server and am receiving this error:

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -1 (HEX: FFFFFFFF) XOPEN: 00000
: (-1) [00000] JDBFOC>> describecols(): error: getMetaData call on stmt
: returned null ResultSetMetaData object!
L (FOC1405) SQL PREPARE ERROR.

I have researched the error and found information for SYBASE, but the solution does not seem to apply for WebFOCUS.

Here is the query being run:

SQL SQLMSS SET SERVER CPF
SQL SQLMSS
SELECT *
INTO dbo.SUSAN_BRNCH_HIER
FROM dbo.BRNCH_HIER
END

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Susan
WebFOCUS 8.2.01m Windows 7, SQL, HTML, XLS, CSV, DB2

Posts: 10 | Location: US Bank | Registered: June 16, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Lots of views on your post but no responses. I'm not and SQL guru, but here are a couple of ideas:

Most SQL passthru queries require a ; at the end for WF to process them correctly. If you put a ; at the end of the last line before the END does that change anything?

Does this require an INSERT INTO instead of SELECT INTO?

Does the SUSAN_BRNCH_HIER table already exist in SQL server and are the privileges set correctly?

Does this query run without problem if executed in a SQL server tool? If not, that's the first thing to look at. If so, try setting up a stored procedure in SQL server and then executing it from WF

SQL SQLMSS EX fullyqualified.storedprocedurename

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't see "INTO" on the list of SQL keywords usable in WF. INSERT might be the best.

7.7.02 on Windows

Posts: 14 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: August 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The table I'm trying to create does not already exist. I'm basically trying to create a copy of an existing table that I can then modify.

I can run the query in SQL server without error.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will give them a try.

Susan
WebFOCUS 8.2.01m Windows 7, SQL, HTML, XLS, CSV, DB2

Posts: 10 | Location: US Bank | Registered: June 16, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Susan,

The CREATE TABLE statement is a supported SQL statement in WebFOCUS. You might need to use that with the INSERT statement to do what you need.

7.7.02 on Windows

Posts: 14 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: August 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Susan,

I don't know the exact syntax, but, you may want to try COMMIT:

SQL SQLMSS
SELECT *
INTO dbo.SUSAN_BRNCH_HIER
FROM dbo.BRNCH_HIER
COMMIT;
END

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Unless you have a specific reason for using passthru I would have thought that a simple

TABLE FILE BRNCH_HIER
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS SUSAN_BRNCH_HIER FORMAT SQLMSS
END

Would do what you want

Report This Post