Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     RCaster distribute to printer

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
RCaster distribute to printer
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I've got a fex that produces a report with a .gif picture on it. ReportCaster automatically distributes this report to a printer. When the .gif is attached the report doesn't printout. When I take out .gif, the report prints out fine. Since I can't use any output formats other than WP, DOC or PS to distribute to a printer, it seems my options are limited for solutions. I would ideally like to make this a PDF report. Is there anything I can try? Thank you!

Windows version 768

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I remember reading about some special requirements for distributing images through ReportCaster. Can't even recall what they were, but I'll dig back through the install manual t see if I can find them.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sorry - hit "post" too quickly. We ran into this issue a while back and ended up using .PS files as we found the PDF and PS outputs "almost" interchangeable. There are many new printers now that have a special queue available to pick up and print files that are in PDF format. You need to specifiy both the printer name and queue name in the distribution destination.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was doing .PS before I attached the .gif file and everything worked fine. As soon as I put this code in my fex:

TYPE=REPORT,
IMAGE=app/barcode.gif,
POSITION=(0.250000 8.250000),
SIZE=(2.500000 2.500000),
$

Nothing comes out! Not even the stuff that isn't the .gif! Yet, I don't get any error message either. Weird.

Windows version 768

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall this issue, but I never dug deeper into it because I found that if I put my images somewhere in the app path instead of in MRE, I could just reference the image name in the stylesheet and it worked no problem,

TYPE=HEADING, IMAGE=LINEV, POSITION=(1.5 10.203125),
SIZE=(.055000 0.28125),$

BTW, I noticed that the name of your image is barcode. Did you know that you can include barcodes in you report as fonts instead of images? Much simpler. Let me know if that's something you're interested in.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That is something I am definitely interested in, especially if it will come out on the printer. It is imperative that I get this working ASAP! Thank you for your help, Darin.

Windows version 768

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Darin

I would be interested in a barcode font; currently we use an .exe to create them, and with sometime over 350 on a report it is v. wasteful.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This is documented in the Creating Reports with WF Language (in 713 version it's in Chapter 9 Section on Using Print Display Formats.) This is actually functionality that IBI added at our request several years ago. It has worked great for several years. I can just print a numeric fields in this font an get the barcode.
You can purchase the type I fonts or download a True Type font and convert it as documented. I converted one called CODE39 (barcode) and also use an OCRA font to print a line for OCR (like checks have) for bank drop boxes and a Garamond-based company specific font. I also have a powerpoint about the whole process. If you want them, send me an email. dlee@wcfgroup.com

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991