Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Portal Default tab loading issue

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Portal Default tab loading issue
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

We observed as per default portal feature, Last selected Tab is the default Tab of portal when we reload portal or signing after sign out.
How can we make default tab when we load a portal. Although our last run tab no matter which is, It should open a default tab when we reload portal or signing after sign out.

Thanks in advanced.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Thanks!
@vi

WebFOCUS 8105, Dev Studio 8105, Windows 7, ALL Outputs

<Emily McAllister>
posted
Hello Avinash,

The ability to set a default tab has been added to version 8.2x, so if you are able to upgrade when it becomes publicly available, you will be able to set this value.
Unfortunately there is no way to do this presently in 8.1.05. The closest thing you can do is set "Remove Portal Customizations" for your users, which will prevent it from saving any customization a user does to the portal (including loading a different tab).

Please let me know if you need any more information or help setting this up.

Thanks,

Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Remove Portal Customizations

Hi Emily,

Thanks for updating on this case.
Currently we are using WF 8.1.05. And we do not know that client is ready to upgrade or not.
So can I have some study material on "Remove Portal Customizations" and its related functionality. So that we can check that it is fulfilling our requirement or not.

Thanks again for your valuable support.

Thanks!
@vi

<Emily McAllister>
posted
Hi Avinash,

If you go into the Security Center for WebFOCUS, then to 'Roles' you can create a new role (or edit an existing one) that has "Save Portal Customizations" checked. You can then apply this role as Denied for your user groups on that portal. This will keep the portal from saving the last tab they opened.

You can find more information on how to set security roles take a look at our Security and Administration Manual. Note that in order to see this manual you must be logged into our Tech Support site.

Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
We have all of our users set to "BipViewOnly" so their use of the portal won't get saved as a customization. When I run the portal, I have to remember before exiting, that I go back to whatever I want the default tab to be. Or, after existing, I right-click the portal name and select "remove customizations".

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
<Emily McAllister>
posted
Unfortunately, that is what you'll need to do for now. As stated before, this is something that has been fixed in future versions of WebFOCUS. If you want this feature to be backported to your current version, you can file a backport request by creating a case via Tech Support, and we may be able to create a patch for you containing this feature.

Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Emily,

Thanks for solution.
Finally we are moving form 8105 to 8.2.

Thanks!
@vi