Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]WF Maintain -- Fields sent to SQL*Server on Update request

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]WF Maintain -- Fields sent to SQL*Server on Update request
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I'm looking to create a trigger in SQL*Server that will capture actions performed by one WF Maintain screen, but not the other. SQL*Server has a function that will suit my needs -- UPDATE() which looks to see which columns are sent for updating. Something like this:

IF UPDATE(CLIENT_NAME)
BEGIN
INSERT INTO AUDIT_TABLE(
Client_key
,Update_Date
,Updated_By_UserID)
SELECT I.Client_Key
,I.Update_Dt
,I.Updated_by_UserID
FROM INSERTED I, DELETED D
WHERE I.Print_Card_Flg = 0
AND D.Print_Card_Flg = 1;
END

This is in an Update trigger. My one screen sends the CLIENT_NAME field for revision, the other does not. One is a "for all update" Maintain command with every field in the table listed, the other only lists four fields.

In theory this should do the trick. But it does not. It appears Maintain is sending every field regardless of what I tell it to send, or SQL*Server seems to think so.

The questions --

- Is there a way in SQL*Server to examine which fields it thinks WF Maintain has sent to it?
- Is there a way to send just certain fields from WF Maintain? This site is on version 7.7.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
John
If you are using a Stack that was created from the database, then use, the stack contains all of the fields from the database. When we pass the stack we pass all of the fields.

In theory you could create a stack, compute just the fields that you want, and populate them from the database stack. Then update the SQL database from the computed stack. Then only those fields should be present.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post