Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Reformatting HTML
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone explain why WF has a need to put a LOT of white space (CR/LF?) in my html pages when I save them in Developer Studio?

I'm not using the Resource tool directly - just handcrafting html pages from scratch (based on existing documentation examples and code output form the Resource tool.)

I find this quite annoying. I would rather not have to use a separate editor just for this...

Do folks out there just live with it?

Posts: 21 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: August 17, 2004Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
We just live with it!

Here's something even more annoying:

Using an external text editor (my favourite: EditPlus) you could handcraft a beautiful looking WebFOCUS program, with blank lines to separate sections and indentations to clarify the code. Open it up as source code in Developer Studio, and all the blank lines have been deleted and everything is left-justified.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
In 5.3 you will be able to use your editor of
choice in Dev Studio

Posts: 104 | Location: Boston | Registered: April 23, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
SET PAGE=NOLEAD
or..
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
will nuke the leading two blank lines at the top of the html output.(but maybe that's not what you're talking about??)
In writing code, i use the editor in MRE and have no problems with blank lines or indentations. All are respected. I often use TextPad for line numbering, the only complaint i have with the ibi editor. I sometimes edit an html launch page right from within 525 MRE, using Edit Source, and again, no problems. Is MRE an option for you?
I use old HomeSite for an alternative editor for html pages, [frontpage changes your code for you, although they say fp 2003 doesn't do that anymore]. Homesite per se isn't around anymore.its incorporated into macromedia now.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all!

I am going to use Visual Studio or TextPad (for now), but would obviously prefer not to have to bounce around editors.

Susan, the problem isn't the two blank lines at the top. I keep my html pages separate from my fex's (-HTMLFORM webpage). We also don't use MRE. What seesm to be happening is that if WF finds a blank line, it adds one (or two) more! No whitespace, no added whitespace. I like my whitespace, but not to the extent of what I get when I let Dev Studio save my html files! Frowner

btw, Susan, I thoroughly enjoyed your session at last Friday's FUN, and, more importantly, the informal chat and informational tidbits afterwards. Thanks!

Posts: 21 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: August 17, 2004Report This Post