Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED]Active HTML scripting error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED]Active HTML scripting error
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
None of the functionalities(filter, sorting) in my AHTML report works. I am running on IE9. It gives me the following error

Object doesn't support property or method 'stopPropogation'.

If I am correct this error message is because of the browser compatibility but I am unable to find a fix for it. If someone can tell me where can we find the respective .js file, I'll try modifying it.

Thanks,
Ramya
WebFocus 8105, All Formats, Javascript

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Master
posted Hide Post
The method should be "stopPropagation". I am assuming you typed it incorrectly.

Here is a link that might help:

Internet explorer says Object doesn't support this property or method

If there is an HTML element with an ID name that is the same as a JavaScript variable name, this error can occur.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
an HTML element with an ID name that is the same as a JavaScript variable name, this

Hi Squatch,

Its a direct fex file I am trying to run in AHTML format and it does not include any variables. Its a plain SQL query I am trying to run. The report is returning with data and when I hover the mouse to any functions like 'filter' or 'sort', it returns me that error.

Thanks,
Ramya
WebFocus 8105, All Formats, Javascript

Master
posted Hide Post
Does it work in Chrome or Firefox browsers?

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I made my default browser as chrome and still result returns in IE. Can you pleas tell me where should I set the webfocus to run in chrome

Thanks,
Ramya
WebFocus 8105,All formats,Javascript

Master
posted Hide Post
If you are using App Studio, click on the "AS" menu choice in the upper left corner, then click "Options..." at the bottom of the menu.

Then click "Output Viewer Settings" and select the browser you want under "Browser Setup".

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
click "Output Viewer Settings" and select the browser you want under "Browser Setup

Its developer studio and as far as I have explored, I got to see the option "output viewer settings" under windows--> options, but there is only one option 'use internet explorer'. If we either check or uncheck that option, it opens up in IE only

Thanks,
Ramya
WebFocus 8105,All Formats,Javascript

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ramya,

Master
posted Hide Post
Can you run it from the IBI portal?

h t t p://your_server_name/ibi_apps

(No spaces between http... had to do that so it wouldn't appear as a real hyperlink.)

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes Squatch. I am able to run it from IBI portal. And I tried to run the same from App studio in chrome. Both works perfect as expected. For run it from Dev studio, I have opened a case.

Thanks,
Ramya
WebFocus 8105,All Formats,Javascript