Focal Point
[SOLVED] Adding number of days to a virtual date field

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5217084196

August 15, 2019, 08:01 AM
Kort Thompson
[SOLVED] Adding number of days to a virtual date field
My task is to calculate an expiration date and populate on a report as a field. The expiration date is a calculation that adds the shelf-life number of days (field in a table xld_1) to another date (virtual field exdt_2) to arrive at a date where the material is expected to expire. I believe I need to create a define by adding the shelf life days (DATEADD??) to the other date but not sure how to achieve this and any help or example would be greatly appreciated.

Solution Solved: ExpDate/YYMD= DATEADD(ExpYYMD, 'D', IR_SLD_I);

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kort Thompson,

KW

WF Versions: DEV 8105 OS: Windows Outputs: HTML, Excel
In WebFOCUS since March '19
August 15, 2019, 09:03 AM
MartinY
Have a look at the fallowing : DTADD: Incrementing a Date or Date-Time Component

Also, please update you signature to add your WF version. That may help to point you to the proper solution according to your version

And why [Advise??] in your subject ? Try to stay with forum's structure : Forum Guidelines

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
August 15, 2019, 09:32 AM
Kort Thompson
Thank you Martin for the guidance.

KW

August 15, 2019, 11:03 AM
MartinY
Hi Kort,

Here a simple sample where I extract a NBDAYS value to increment from based on another file
TABLE FILE CAR
BY SEATS AS 'NBDAYS'
WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'JAPAN';
ON TABLE HOLD AS INCRDAYS
END
-RUN
-READFILE INCRDAYS
-DEFAULTH &NBDAYS = 0
-TYPE NBDAYS: &NBDAYS

DEFINE FILE WF_RETAIL
NEWDATE/YYMD = DTADD(DATE_OF_BIRTH, DAY, &NBDAYS);
END
TABLE FILE WF_RETAIL
SUM DATE_OF_BIRTH
    NEWDATE
BY ID_MANAGER
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOPAGE
END
-RUN

Look at manager id 901 where the DTADD function manage the fact the +4 days has also changed the month

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
August 15, 2019, 02:20 PM
Kort Thompson
Thanks for the help Martin! Really appreciate you

KW

August 15, 2019, 02:30 PM
MartinY
Wink My pleasure

If solved, please edit your first post then add [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject instead of [SHARING] which is not the case for that post.
You were not sharing with us a solution that you found, but was asking for a solution.

In Focus since 2007