Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Need help to plot duration across date graph

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Need help to plot duration across date graph
 Login/Join

posted
I got a SQL from business to show the duration of the processes over time. How can I create a graph to show the duration on each day for a given process? Here is what I have right now. I want to change SUM to PRINT, it give the following error:

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 90 LINES= 90
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN GRAPH= 90 PLOT POINTS= 1
VERTICAL AXIS IS NOT NUMERIC..CAN'T GRAPH

How can I convert the AS_OF_DATE to numeric? Will it let me to create the graph after the conversion of date?

Here is my current code:

SET SQLENGINE = SQLORA
SQL SET SERVER ICS
-RUN
SQL SQLORA
Select p.process_name, to_char(l.end_time - l.START_TIME) as Duration, to_number(to_char(l.AS_OF_DATE,'MMDDYY'),'999999') as AS_OF_DATE
from BEE_DBO.PROCESS_EXECUTION_LOG l, BEE_DBO.PROCESSES p
where l.process_id = p.process_id and l.PROCESS_ID = 5583
-*and to_char(l.as_of_date, 'yyyy/mm/dd') > '2010/01/01'
order by l.as_of_date desc;
TABLE ON TABLE HOLD AS BEE_GRAPH FORMAT ALPHA
-*PRINT *
END
-RUN
-*TABLE FILE HOLD02
DEFINE FILE BEE_GRAPH
AS_OF_DATE/D12=DAMDY(AS_OF_DATE);
END
GRAPH FILE BEE_GRAPH
SUM CNT.DURATION
ACROSS AS_OF_DATE
BY PROCESS_NAME

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the sql is converting duration to be a char datatype. Maybe remove the to_char (syntax?).

WebFOCUS 8.2.06

Posts: 210 | Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan | Registered: October 19, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
removed the to_char still got the same error:

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN GRAPH= 90 PLOT POINTS= 9
VERTICAL AXIS IS NOT NUMERIC..CAN'T GRAPH

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
What do you get if you put this in after the sql's END statement:

-RUN
WHENCE BEE_GRAPH MASTER
?FF BEE_GRAPH

WebFOCUS 8.2.06

Posts: 210 | Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan | Registered: October 19, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
-RUN
WHENCE BEE_GRAPH MASTER
?FF BEE_GRAPH

C:\ibi\DEVSTU~1\srv76\wfs\edatemp\ts000005\bee_graph.mas
FILENAME= BEE_GRAPH
PROCESS_NAME E01 A100
DURATION E02 A27V
AS_OF_DATE E03 D20.2

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
See:

DURATION E02 A27V

The DURATION is still being returned as character data, and that is causing the error. So you could do a define on DURATION turn it into a number.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06