Focal Point
Get current year in a dynamic selection from a drop down box.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5221038772

March 26, 2008, 01:18 PM
Nelsont
Get current year in a dynamic selection from a drop down box.
I'm running a fex where I am using a dynamic selection in a drop down box to get Year out of a date_dm.

Right now the fex when ran pull's in all years from the Date_DM 2004-2011 which is fine. But it alwas put's 2004 as the first selection. How do i get it have current year selected instead of the first year in the date_dm.

JOIN
GL_DETAIL_FACT.DM_TEST_GL_DETAIL_FACT.TRANS_DATE_KEY IN GL_DETAIL_FACT
TO UNIQUE DATE_DM.DM_TEST_DATE_DM.DATE_KEY IN DATE_DM AS J0
END
TABLE FILE GL_DETAIL_FACT
SUM
EFFECTIVE_TRANS_AMOUNT
BY GL_UNFORMATTED
HEADING
""
FOOTING
""
WHERE FISCAL_YEAR EQ &FISCAL_YEAR.(FIND FISCAL_YEAR IN date_dm).FISCAL_YEAR.;

WebFOCUS Dev Studio 8105m
March 26, 2008, 02:41 PM
Darin Lee
Create your own procedure to create the drop-down list as you want it instead of letting WF decide how it will be created. Then specify the procedure to populate it instead of the TABLE/FIELD names

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
March 26, 2008, 02:43 PM
GinnyJakes
The answer to this has been posted very recently.
Using a Procedure to Sort Dropdown Box Contents
Also please update your signature with your product suite, releases, and platforms so that we may better help you.

Also, you might want to do a search on the forum or the Advanced Search before you post to see if the question has already been answered, as this one was.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google