Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     To use &IBIMR_user variable.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
To use &IBIMR_user variable.
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Dear All,
Plz tell me How can i use '&IBIMR_user' in script of a htm page.

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
alert(&IBIMR_user);
</script>
</head>
</html>

Thanks!
@vi

WebFOCUS 8105, Dev Studio 8105, Windows 7, ALL Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
 alert('!IBI.AMP.IBIMR_user;'); 

(yes you need the semicolon)

Also lookup the syntax for global variables and !IBI.FIL.REPORT; as those will come in handy. There are all kinds of posts on this already. Welcome to the forums.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I assumed too much.
First of all, you will need IBIMR_user variable enabled in your client settings. You can see if this is enabled in your fex using:
 -? &IBIMR_user (or just -? & if you want to see all the variables)

Check out this post and others...

Secondly, you will need htmlform from the fex to pass the variable to the html page either using:

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
alert('!IBI.AMP.IBIMR_user;');
</script>
</head>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END

for embedded html or
  -HTMLFORM app/yourhtmlpage.htm 
for an external html page.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot for reply..
bt i want to use this variable in a htm page.I dont want to use fex bcaz i am working on user manual and my first page in a html. so how can i use this....

Thanks!
@vi

Guru
posted Hide Post
Take a look at this (I just posted today). You will still need a fex either embedded or referenced in your html. Combine parts of each of these posts and you will be able to achieve your goal.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Avinash,

Update your signature so we know what version you are using.

You may be able to get this from a cookie.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks waz, To giving me a great suggestion.
Bt my basic functionality is that i have a normal html page and i want to call a jsp page with parameter of User ID.

Thanks!
@vi

Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you already logged into MRE ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
yes.

Thanks!
@vi

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
waz i have a question.
I have a domain with a folder.
By mistake the domain is deleted. and when i am going to load domain with mre cm extract. its giving me a error in log files.
"Can't create domain object based on provided domain key abc_ab. "
Plz help me.

Thanks!
@vi

Expert
posted Hide Post
Do you have admin rights to create a domain?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have Doug.

Thanks!
@vi

Expert
posted Hide Post
Can you 1) create that domain and folder manually, 2) extract the contents to a local drive, 3) copy from the local drive to the domain folder?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug, Bt the problem is that All the fex and htm are running from Mre. and I put Domain href property name and folder name in my url. when I going to create manually Domain, Its become change of domain href and folder name.

Thanks!
@vi