Focal Point
[CLOSED] Reset Button Requires a Double Click in Collaborative Portal

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5227052296

December 30, 2019, 02:45 PM
JulieA
[CLOSED] Reset Button Requires a Double Click in Collaborative Portal
FocalPointForum Community,

This seems simple, and I've done research here on the forum but not yet hit on the right solution or post.

I have a collaborative portal page. It has a reset button on it. For some reason, in order for it to take effect, a user has to double click it.

I'm still trying some things with it, but if someone can nudge me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it, even if it's to say check a manual or something or to say I overlooked an obvious post. I've just not stumbled upon the right thing yet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

December 30, 2019, 02:53 PM
BabakNYC
Are we talking Page Designer Portal or App Studio Composer to create this reset button?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
December 30, 2019, 03:03 PM
JulieA
I used AppStudio Composer.

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

December 30, 2019, 03:18 PM
BabakNYC
In composer, look at the task associated with the button. Then go to Tasks and Animation and look at the Trigger type for that task. You can change it to Click instead of Double Click.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
December 30, 2019, 04:21 PM
JulieA
Thanks, I've done that, but it's not quite working. I think I'm going to look at it tomorrow as I think there might be a secondary issue.

I'll post back my progress.

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

January 02, 2020, 11:55 AM
JulieA
I've finally returned to this.

The task associated with the button is task3.

Task3 has always had a trigger type of "Click."

The Trigger Identifier of form1Reset has a check mark as do the combo boxes for the various filters.

Under Requests/Actions, there is Refresh1. The target type indicates "Refresh BI Portal-Current page only."

What happens in the portal is that my form gets cleared and reset; however, the report requires a second click to change.

Clearly I am missing something obvious.

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

January 09, 2020, 12:56 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Julie

If this is still an issue you should open a case with techsupport. Based on what you are describing something is a miss...

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats