Focal Point
[SOLVED] Auto Open Content Folder on Portal/Dashboard

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5227070686

April 06, 2017, 10:11 AM
Sydney
[SOLVED] Auto Open Content Folder on Portal/Dashboard
Hello Everyone,

I have created a portal with a navigation pane that consist of folders, and html files within the folders that open a dashboard where other criteria can be selected for the report being ran.

My question is, how can I set the folder/s to "Auto Open" when the portal is launched to reveal the files? I have looked through the forum and searched the net, but I cannot find anything on this.

Thanks,
Syd.

Issue:
The issue I was having was when adding folders to a content panel, or dragging folders from ‘WebFOCUS Resources’ it would change the panel to a tabbed panel. I did not want a tabbed panel, but simply a panel that listed the folders, and they would be expanded when the portal was launched.
I was able to get the folder/s to auto expand/open. Below is how I resolved the issue, and what I noticed.

Resolution:
When dragging a folder or folders over in Portal Designer, or inserting a panel, and then dragging a folder or folders over to the panel, you must move the cursor around in the panel until the whole panel is highlighted. Once the panel is highlighted, drop the folder or folders, and an options box will pop up and allow you to choose ‘add folder/s’.

Observation:
I noticed if it is an empty panel, or you drag and drop the folders from ‘WebFOCUS Resources’, it would create a tabbed panel. If there was one folder already in the panel, then you would get the options box to add the folder/s.

Was getting this:

Folder A

Folder B

Wanted this:

Folder A
File 1
File 2

Folder B
File 1
File 2

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sydney,

WebFOCUS 8.2
Windows, All Outputs
April 06, 2017, 10:15 AM
BabakNYC
Right click on the folder in the Domain and pick Properties. Check Automatically Open.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
April 06, 2017, 10:19 AM
Sydney
Hello BabakNYC, Thank you for your reply. I did do this, but it is at the Domain level, and I am needing the folders to auto open from within the portal.

WebFOCUS 8.2
Windows, All Outputs