Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Auto Open Content Folder on Portal/Dashboard

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Auto Open Content Folder on Portal/Dashboard
 Login/Join

posted
Hello Everyone,

I have created a portal with a navigation pane that consist of folders, and html files within the folders that open a dashboard where other criteria can be selected for the report being ran.

My question is, how can I set the folder/s to "Auto Open" when the portal is launched to reveal the files? I have looked through the forum and searched the net, but I cannot find anything on this.

Thanks,
Syd.

Issue:
The issue I was having was when adding folders to a content panel, or dragging folders from ‘WebFOCUS Resources’ it would change the panel to a tabbed panel. I did not want a tabbed panel, but simply a panel that listed the folders, and they would be expanded when the portal was launched.
I was able to get the folder/s to auto expand/open. Below is how I resolved the issue, and what I noticed.

Resolution:
When dragging a folder or folders over in Portal Designer, or inserting a panel, and then dragging a folder or folders over to the panel, you must move the cursor around in the panel until the whole panel is highlighted. Once the panel is highlighted, drop the folder or folders, and an options box will pop up and allow you to choose ‘add folder/s’.

Observation:
I noticed if it is an empty panel, or you drag and drop the folders from ‘WebFOCUS Resources’, it would create a tabbed panel. If there was one folder already in the panel, then you would get the options box to add the folder/s.

Was getting this:

Folder A

Folder B

Wanted this:

Folder A
File 1
File 2

Folder B
File 1
File 2

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sydney,

WebFOCUS 8.2
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Right click on the folder in the Domain and pick Properties. Check Automatically Open.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello BabakNYC, Thank you for your reply. I did do this, but it is at the Domain level, and I am needing the folders to auto open from within the portal.

WebFOCUS 8.2
Windows, All Outputs