Focal Point
Drill-down on ROW-TOTAL title

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5231097331

July 29, 2004, 06:43 PM
IBForum
Drill-down on ROW-TOTAL title
I'm trying to pinpoint the title of a ROW-TOTAL column in my stylesheet, so that I can create a link for a drill-down. I know how I can pinpoint a particular column, but I'm using an ACROSS, so the column number of the ROW-TOTAL column varies depending on my data. I attempted to get a count of distinct ACROSS values and then set that equal to an ampervariable which I could then use in the stylesheet definition to pinpoint the ROW-TOTAL column, but I couldn't get that working, either. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!
July 29, 2004, 08:08 PM
susannah
Are you using an Across to get your row-total??
If so,
Using your idea of identifying the column number:
this works, you can put your fex dd in the style sheet entry.
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES ACROSS COUNTRY AND ROW-TOTAL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE, COLOR=RED, COLUMN=N6,$
END
-- if not, then this works
TYPE=TITLE,COLUMN=ROWTOTAL,COLOR=RED,$
July 29, 2004, 09:10 PM
IBForum
Thanks for the advice susannah! You probably can already tell that I haven't worked too much with WebFOCUS. The row-total column is the sum of my across columns, so I would need to specify the particular column number. I think I would want to do something like

TYPE=ACROSSTITLE , COLOR=RED, COLUMN=N|$COL_ID,$

but I'm not sure how to calculate the correct column number on the fly, so to speak. I tried using the DST. prefix operator to count the unique values of my across, but I couldn't get it to work. It's too bad you can't use prefix operators in a DEFINE (I know that probably sounds ridiculous to suggest). Anyway, do you or anybody else have a suggestion about how I can dynamically calculate the column ID for my row-total column. Can you use ampervariables in a stylesheet definition?
July 29, 2004, 09:17 PM
IBForum
I'm sorry. I was wrong to point out the ACROSSTITLE vs. ACROSSVALUE thing. I do want to use ACROSSVALUE.
July 29, 2004, 09:23 PM
susannah
I take a safer approach with my column references and just create athe whole &var as
the reference.
-SET &MYCOL = 'N' | &KOUNTER ;
and then just use the whole &MYCOL in my ss.
COLUMN= &MYCOL , etc

I also take a q+d approach to finding out how many cols i need.
TABLE FILE CAR BY MODEL ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
-SET &KOUNTER = &LINES ;
{ &LINES is a system var }
-SET &MYCOL = 'N' | &KOUNTER ;
remember it might not be N that you want to use,
might be C or P, check the manual to figure that out for your particular fex.
July 30, 2004, 07:40 PM
IBForum
Thanks for the follow up susannah. I'll give your suggestion a shot. I'm assuming this works because the &LINES system variable must count my ACROSS values as rows even though they are displayed as columns.