Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] PDF Drill Down

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] PDF Drill Down
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to set up a report with .pdf output that contains a drill down to an excel report. The drill down works correctly when the output type is html, but when switching to pdf the drill down acts as though it's trying to access a file on the server, rather than linking to the url of the child report.
Here is the URL generated from the HTML output report:
http://cor089d05/ibi_apps/WFSe...ON=&ProductGroup=039

This is what the PDF report generates:
file:///ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&IBIAPP_app=baseapp%20glbdm%20solumina%20amapstables%20amapsuserviews%20csd%20autotime&&IBIMR_drill=X,amodcsdt/amodcsdt.htm&IBIF_ex=app/yesterdays_shipments&CLICKED_ON=&ProductGroup=039

When I click the link in PDF it gives the the following Security Warning: "This document is trying to connect to: file:///ibi_apps...
If you trust this site, choose Allow. If you do not trust this site, choose Block."

Pressing the "Allow" button does nothing. My question is there a format change that can be made in my report to have the link behave the way I would expect it to in PDF?

TABLE FILE IMF
SUM
CNT.ITEM_BN
BY INV_ACCT_NBR
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N1,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
TARGET='_blank',
FOCEXEC=app/yesterdays_shipments( \
ProductGroup=N1 \
),
$
TYPE=TITLE,
COLUMN=N1,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
COLUMN=N1,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Release 7703
Windows 7
Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
You need to set FOCEXURL as in this post

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Or add the fully qualified path to the fex, especially in WebFOCUS 8...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
That's for Content Drills; wasn't working for us, so, we go to the server for all drills.
Cleaner anyway, don't have to have copies in different Domains...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
we go to the server for all drills.
that makes sense...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
FOCEXURL

I tried setting the FOCEXURL environment variable as suggested but it is still trying to access the drill down as a file, but now it's looking in the Temporary Internet Files of my C drive.

-SET &SERVER = '172.29.164.65:8080';
-SET &PDF_URL = 'http://' || '&SERVER.EVAL' || &FOCEXURL;
SET FOCEXURL = &PDF_URL
-RUN

Release 7703
Windows 7
Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Michael,
Can't display an example here, but, try removing your :8080. The IP address is the Reporting Server, not your machine...
Outside of that, looks correct...
Tom

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

posted Hide Post
I removed the server port reference and it still doesn't work. I think I will create a case for IBI to look into further as I suspect it may be something specific to my environment.

Thanks for your input.

Release 7703
Windows 7
Excel