Focal Point
[SHARING] Dev Studio Response time issues?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5237078295

November 02, 2010, 11:06 AM
BlueZone
[SHARING] Dev Studio Response time issues?
We have noticed a marked slow down in DS response times since upgrading to 7-6-10 from 7-6-4 earlier this year. I am not talking about report execution times, but about generic activities like opening an existing MRE fex in the tool and double cliking to open an existing step(Define/Join/Report,etc) or cliking on the "diamond" to add a new step.

We have very decent PC specs, it should not be the problem. The examples noted above are Windows-MRE based fexes, but with the EDA server on the mainframe (if that makes any difference).

Would appreciate any input / suggestions on this subject.

Best regards,
Sandeep Mamidenna

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music
November 02, 2010, 07:10 PM
Håkan
It seems like you are having a multi-tier environment. Should you maybe look on the Windows env first, since I suppose you have the MRE stuff based there.

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.06/08 DS/AS
WebFOCUS RS 8.0.08 (Linux/IBM i)
WebFOCUS Client 8.0.06 (Linux)
November 05, 2010, 09:12 AM
BlueZone
Thank you for the note Håkan, looks like the z/OS connection may be part of the problem. When we tried the same tasks on a Windows-server based fex, it was reasonably faster.

Have opened a case with IBI for further review. Will update this post if we find anything significant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music
November 05, 2010, 10:44 AM
Arif
quote:
te any input / suggestions on this subject.

Best regards,
Sandeep Mamidenna

I had a slow Dev studio problem. i tried installing dev studio on different computer. Reponse time was better on different computer.
I went back on old computer deleted and recreated envirnment connections and eveything went back to normal.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML