Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Search Option on Webfocus Portal

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Search Option on Webfocus Portal
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hello Everyone,

I have been working on a webfocus portal which has lots of tabs, folders and reports in it. User often get confused where to find their reports. So I have been given a task to create a search box thing in out webfocus portal in which users enter full or partial name of their reports and there reoprts get filtered or links to their reports pops up. I am fairly new to webfocus. I have no clue whether this can be done in webfocus or not.

Can anyone please help me and point me in the right direction to look for.

Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav Tyagi

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Gaurav,

Welcome to WebFOCUS! The BI portal product is quite its own beast, but rest assured it is fairly easy to find your and other users' resources within one. Hit F8.

Our site has a portal geared towards our retail efforts that have pages that allow for ad hoc running of reports as well as building your own custom dashboard page that allows you to re-size various panels that you can drag and drop your content into. What I've done is provide our users the physical link to the available WF resources up in the top right menu bar options, as well as writing "Ad Hoc Selections (Hit F8 for resources)" within the title bar area of the main panel of the ad hoc page I've created to clue them in on the fact that they can do that to access their resources (reports/graphs/widgets, etc.). Also, we are utilizing a Js alert(); that executes upon onclick of a given HTML element taken from a piece from IBI's free-for-all 8.1.03+ Responsive Demo portal project. The page within the project is called "Add Your Own Content Here" (title)/placeholder_widget.htm (name). I've modified the text to read what I want it to, but everything else I haven't really modified as of yet. It makes things informative and look nice.

Good luck!

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me exact thing which I need to do inorder to achieve my goal.

Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav Tyagi

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
but rest assured it is fairly easy to find your and other users' resources within one. Hit F8.

Oh, I didn't know about that. That's bad for me.. Thanks for making my job harder. Wink Now I gotta figure out how to turn that thing off

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
GavinL,

No worries! Glad to help add to your workload! haha jk Good luck!

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post