Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Setting a MRE built report 'Free'

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Setting a MRE built report 'Free'
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have a report that was built by one on my MRE users. I used the HTML composer to build a launch page to collect the report params.
I am trying to execute the page from ibi_html/publish. This is where all my html reports live.

I now need to make this report available to the entire staff.

The problem is when the url is clicked on from an email or sharepoint it is prompting the user for MRE credentials that they do not have.

Things I have tried with out success:

Moved the reports and associated components to approot/basedir.

Changed ismre value from '1' to '0'. This allows the dynamic dropdown lists to populate, but running the reports results in a 'fex not found error'.

I saw a solution to pass username and password as hidden variables in the form, but my error occurs before the form is submitted, so this is not a solution.

IBIMR_drill=RUNNID may be my solution but I do not know how to implement it.

I found this post by product manager Jim Thorstad:

"We are adding two new settings in WebFOCUS 7.6.4, MR_ANONYMOUS_RUN_ACCESS=YES|NO and MR_AUTOSIGNON=YES|NO."

I am at 7.6.8 and can not find these settings.

Is there a simple way, or some code I can strip to turn the 'MRE' report to a 'DevStudio" report? The reports that are developed in devstudio then 'published' to ibi_html run for all users with out promoting for credentials.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

prod: WF 7.7.03 platform IIS on Windows 2007, databases: Oracle, , MSSQL

Posts: 133 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Why not set it free by making it an "app" report instead of an "MRE" report? You could put the html launch page and the fex in an application folder on the server, make some minor adjustments to the parameters passed - remove the MRE parameters, change the form action...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I have moved the fex and the launch page to approot. I just don't know 'the minor adjustments' and what 'MRE parameters' and 'form actions' need to be made.

Posts: 133 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The bare minimum form to launch a fex in the app path:

<html>
<body>
<form name="form1" method="get" action="/ibi_apps/WFServlet">
<input type="hidden" name="IBIF_focexec" value="test1" />
<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
</body>
</html>

Build from this.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
My error occurs before the form is even loaded.

I do not see how adding actions to the form can effect a problem that is occurring before the form even loads.

Expert
posted Hide Post
The html is probably referring to javascript files that are located within MRE. The reference to the js files may have to be changed.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
 <SCRIPT id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT> 

Both of these references javascripts are correct. I navigated to the locations and hte files are there.

Expert
posted Hide Post
src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js"
might not be enough of a reference when the html file is in an app folder,
src="../../ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js"
may work. Otherwise, you'll have to determine which line of JS is giving you an error.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I am running this report from ibi_html.
I added the full path http://..... to the javascript and the html page would still not load.

Is there a way I can pass the login credentials along with the url like:

http://severname/ibi_html/publ...E&IBIPAS=password....

Or something like that?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
yes. However, I would be careful of how you pass credentials in a URL. the parameters used are &IBIC_user and &IBIC_pass.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
My url looks like this:

http://servername/ibi_html/publish/leave.htm?&IBIC_user=public&IBIC_pass=public

Still asking for login. Do have the url formatted correctly?

Expert
posted Hide Post
You cannot pass variables via an HTML url.

What login? MRE? Self-service?

<input type="hidden" name="IBIC_user" value="public" />
<input type="hidden" name="IBIC_pass" value="public" />

this should be added to the form. Be aware that most likely "public" is an MRE user, not a self-service user, so this will not work.

First thing, what error do you get?
Second, have you read the manual? "Developing Reporting Applications > Coding a User Interface" would be a good start.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The html page loads, the image links are broken and the dynamic drop downs do not populate.

I get a separate pop up window that say I need to logon to mre. Most of the people that will be accessing this report are not MRE users.

How will adding:
<input type="hidden" name="IBIC_user" value="public" />
<input type="hidden" name="IBIC_pass" value="public" />

to the form help my issue since my error occurs before the form is submitted?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Just out out of curiosity, how are you calling the html page, what is the complete address you're using?

http://severname/ibi_html/publish/leave/html?IBCUSER=USERNAME&IBIPAS=password...

Should leave/html be leave.html?

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
The reason why the MRE pop up is occuring is because the launch page has some MRE parameters in it.

As I stated before, the minimal html code required to run a fex in an app folder is:
<html>
<body>
<form name="form1" method="get" action="/ibi_apps/WFServlet">
<input type="hidden" name="IBIF_focexec" value="test1" />
<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
</body>
</html>

You add your other parameters to this code, you exclude the MRE related parameters - parameters beginning with "IBIMR_".

It looks like you require more help than I'm willing to offer, so good luck.

By the way, have you read the manual?

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Greg,
Based on what you're trying to do it sounds like you started this all wrong.

Creating an HTML launch page within Managed Reporting is going to add all sorts of Managed Reporting parameters that will not run outside of the Managed Reporting context. Some of these (Drop downs, etc), run on page load and will cause you to be prompted before the page even loads.

The actual format of a HTML page created within HTML Layout painter is very different from the HTML file that is created when you "Publish" a Managed Reporting report. Moving a file to the "publish" folder does not make it immediately run properly. It is the parameters passed as part of a published report that allows it to run an anonymous MR request, not the location the page is located.

If you want to use the publish facility, please use this process:
1) Log into Managed Reporting and navigate to the FEX you want to launch.
2) Right-Click on the FEX and choose "Publish"
3) Give the HTM a name and click "Ok"
4) Navigate to the Publish folder and modify the resulting HTML file so it looks the way you want it to look.

If you look closely at the parameters that are passed it should be possible to modify your existing HTML file to conform to this format. The important element is the "IBIMR_drill", since this is what helps trigger the MR_ANONYMOUS_ACCESS feature.

As another option:
1) Move all your FEXes involved into self-service (apps).
2) Create a new launch page outside of Managed Reporting to launch these FEXes

Again, just copying the HTML Layout page from Managed Reporting to self-service is not going to work. Doing so will still have the file reference things within Managed Reporting.

Thanks,
Doug Logan

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The launch page was built outside of MRE, I used the html composer to develop it.

If I go in to the MRE and publish the fex to a html file, I get a pretty basic html form that ask for the reports 4 parameters and does not prompt for credentials but...

How would I add chaining and the javascript calendar functions, that I would normally add in the html composer?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Greg,
If you want to keep your stuff split (some in MR, some in self-service), you're going to have to manually edit the HTML to make it pass what is needed.
As stated in my prior post, it is the parameters passed by the published report that allow it to run unprompted, and specifically the parameter IBIMR_drill.
If you look at this and play around with it you should be able to get it to work properly. However, it will require some basic knowledge on HTML and manually editing the HTML pages.

Thanks,
Doug Logan

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post