Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved] InfoAssist Install

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved] InfoAssist Install
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,
One simple question. How can I install InfoAssist? What kind of licence I need?

Thanks,
Carlos Dias

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,

WebFOCUS version: 7.6
Linux/Windows
HTML, Excel

Posts: 127 | Location: Aveiro, Portugal | Registered: February 04, 2011Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You will need an Info Assist Licence. I don't know if you can have a "let me try it out" time.
You will have to contact your IBI representitive.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
When you installed the WF Client the InfoAssist support files were part of it. All you need is a license code to turn on the capability.

WF 7.7.04, WF 8.0.7, Win7, Win8, Linux, UNIX, Excel, PDF

Posts: 175 | Location: Pomona, NY | Registered: August 06, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
And how I can activate the code? Where I can do that?

Thanks,
Carlos Dias

Linux/Windows
HTML, Excel

Posts: 127 | Location: Aveiro, Portugal | Registered: February 04, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You look at the invoice you have when WebFOCUS was delivered to you.
If you don't have that, call the local IBI office with your site code and see if you "paid" for IA. They will give you the license key, if, you have purchased it.

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Enter it in the WebFOCUS Administraion console under 'License Management'

Not the WebFOCUS server console.

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Carlos,

Are you all set now? Let me know if you need to be put in touch with your local technical contacts from the Information Builders Portugal office.

Thanks
Kathleen

Posts: 391 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I just checked with our Technical team as well.
You purchase a license and enter it in the WebFOCUS admin console as stated above.
Thank you everyone. I will mark this as solved.

Have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

Kathleen Butler
Information Builders

Posts: 391 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the late response... but work as reported.

Thanks,
Carlos Dias

Linux/Windows
HTML, Excel