Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Chart format and resizing

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Chart format and resizing
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
When we execute an html page that has charts (with titles) the charts extent out the bottom. It seems as though WF doesn't account for the space needed for titles (or legends in some cases) and then tries to change the size when executed.

There are a few things we have tooled around with that don't give as clean a solution as I hope for;
-converting the chart format to Active Report (fixes the size, but now lose space and add comparability to the chart)
-Remove the title, add as text on the html page.

Does anyone know of any settings to force fix the dimensions of the chart?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

_____
WF 8.1.04
Win 7// Windows Server 2012 R2
SASS OLAP Cube

Expert
posted Hide Post
This usually sets the dimensions:

ON GRAPH SET HAXIS 1000
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS 180

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try the following within your request:
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
HTML5 (JSCHART in the code) Seems to be a much bigger offender than PNG. I might just have to bite the bullet and try to account for it's stretching on PNG.

@Martin
the legend is still being chopped off the bottom.
 ON GRAPH SET VAXIS 300 

@CoolGuy
I tried toggling ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT, either way the the legend is still being chopped off the bottom.

_____
WF 8.1.04
SASS OLAP Cube

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nicholas,

Check this thread out: Controlling screen width & height

Others from the forums helped me figure out a way to ensure proper sizing of my graphs/reports by the means described near the end of the thread.

Hope that helps your situation!

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Also consider adding

ON GRAPH SET EMBEDHEADING ON

To include the heading within the chart itself so that using AUTOFIT works as I would expect.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tony,

On JSCHART (html5) it does stay within the html frame now, but the title doesn't show.

On PNG (html) it hijacks the title formatting to Center Alignment, and White text with a grey background.

Have you come across this before? Any fixes for this?

_____
WF 8.1.04
SASS OLAP Cube

Expert
posted Hide Post
I've not really pushed the envelope of charting for a while - generally only using JSCHART - so am unable to answer your question.

I always use the setting that I gave above to include the title into the chart itself because of this issue.

Hopefully, one of the Forum members who has recently been "playing" with charting might be able to assist you.

The only other suggestions that I have is to download the two charting manuals, the new one and the "Perspective for Java" one that formed the older engine (which is still used internally I believe).

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
ON GRAPH SET EMBEDHEADING ON

I've always used EMBEDHEADING on as Tony suggested to get charts to properly autofit to whatever frame they are in. I'm not sure why the title would not show up for you though?

WF 8.2.0.3
Windows 10 64bit
HTML, AHTML, PDF, Excel