Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Change in Report Not Showing

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Change in Report Not Showing
 Login/Join

posted
Webfocus, Release R720521B

I was handed support of the WebFocus reporting and do not know too much about it. One report was not working correctly and I modified the FEX file changing how a field was formatted.

I then copied this FEX file into the reporting directory on our QA server. This corrected the problem.

I then wanted to move this to our production server, so I copied the same FEX file to the reporting directory on the production server. I went into the web admin interface for Webfocus and checked that I was copying into the correct directory, I was.

Now, I don't see any corrected changes on the production server. I copied over an existing FEX file of the same name when I moved it to production. I even went so far as to do an iisreset on the web server and restarted the WebFocus services, nothing helps.

How do I go about tracking this down and fixing it?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Even though you put the fex in the correct directory, I would verify that this directory is the first one that the WebFOCUS server found the program in.

To do this, run the WHENCE command - this will tell you which directory the WF server found the program in first.

Go here: http://server_name/ibi_html/

(I don't have WebFOCUS 7, so I'm not sure if the specified page is still provided.)

Select "Run an Ad Hoc request"

Clear the WF commands text area and enter this:

WHENCE pgm_name FOCEXEC

(e.g. WHENCE CRMREP1 FOCEXEC)

Click Run.

The result should look something like this:
D:\ibi\apps\eidw\crmrep1.fex

If the displayed directory is NOT the one you migrated the updated program to, then there is another version of the program being found and run - this one should be deleted. Then try the WHENCE command again.

If it is the correct directory, then it may simply be a web browser cache issue. Clear the cache and try running the program again.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
It could sound silly but... Caouln't be a Cache problem?

If not, in your production server, have you mapped correctly the directories from WebFocus console?

What server are you running? Unix, Linux...? Try a global search into your app directory of the fex you're currently executing to see if there are several files with the same name.

Waiting answer Smiler

Web: http://www.eruben.biz

Prod: WF 5.3.4 @ Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 3 (Taroon Update 6) w/Oracle 9i
Test: WF 5.3.3 @ SUN Solaris 7 w/Oracle 8i

Posts: 52 | Location: Madrid | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a Windows 2000 Server. The place where I copied the FEX is c:\ibi\apps\reporting. This is where WebFocus is configured for the reports. I did a global search and the only other place where this FEX is c:\ibi\apps\reporting\old. I guess this is where backups are kept.

This has been this way for several days, so I doubt this is still cached in the browser.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nick K.,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Run an Ad Hoc request

Does anyone know how to run an Ad Hoc Request in WebFocus 7?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Use the URL http://yourservername/ibi_html and then choose Run an adhoc request.

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
check your edasprof.prf where you specify the order of folders to look for Fex file. You will have similar to this,

APP MAP reporting old test

If you have,

APP MAP old reporting test

then your production server will take the fex from the first folder.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Did my post not make any sense?

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
cache , i agree with Ruben, might be the first and simplest place to check; i have my browser set to clear cache on exit, and have no cache tags in all my launch pages...and STILL its not enough, when i'm testing a fex change. Even right-click-refresh doesn't always work. Can make u crazy ; logoff and log back on to mre for me does the trick, at wits end;

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I've faced that same issue and have 'fixed it' in IE in the tools by saying delete files then check delete all offline content.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to get to the web app that runs the ad hoc query (it wants default.htm after that link)

When I use the default server (EDASERV) it asks for a user id and password. I use the Admin user id and password and it will not log on. When I log on the WebFocus server, this User id works there.

I'm also not clear on what I should put in the Application Path.

Expert
posted Hide Post
On the Ad Hoc query screen, type the following command to display the list of defined application directories. The order the application directories are listed in is the program search order.

APP LIST

Francis

posted Hide Post
I have followed all these suggestions and I still have the problem.

I cleared the cache in the browser and verified that the location of the report files is where WebFocus expects them to be.

I modifed the FEX file to change "AMOUNT/D12.2CB" to "AMOUNT/D12.2CB AS 'AMOUNT'"

As I mentioned, this corrected the problem when I deployed the FEX to the QA server, but I deployed the FEX to the production server, I still get this error, like it was never corrected:

-RUN
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 31 IN PROCEDURE CUSTBILLWEBBTN
(FOC003) THE FIELDNAME IS NOT RECOGNIZED: AMOUNT/D12.2CB
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND
(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT
-IF 0 NE 0 THEN GOTO ADIOS;
-IF WEB NE 'WEB' THEN GOTO NOT_WEB;
-INCLUDE NO_RECS
-* File NO_RECS.FEX
-HTMLFORM BEGIN

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Are you 100 percent sure what you moved to production was what you changed. We had an issue where we had a fex that we thought had one name, but it wasn't the one being executed.

If you have it on an 'MRE' tree check properties on it to see the fex name.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sure and I have checked and double checked it. The error list the FEX, Procedure CUSTBILLWEBBTN, and that is the name of the FEX that I changed.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the Master for the table being accessed by the fex is different on the two servers - verify that they're the same and that there's only one master (*.mas) and that it is in the expected directory.

Meanwhile, what are you attempting to do with
quote:
AMOUNT/D12.2CB AS 'AMOUNT'
?

Would you mind posting a little more of the code around the line you're having trouble with?

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The other option is, is there a fex with the same name in the app path somewhere. I remember when we were converting to the Web we couldn't figure out why in MRE it worked, but if we used dstrun (don't know if I spelled that correctly) we were picking up another copy of the report. Took us forever to find the problem.

Leah

posted Hide Post
TABLE FILE CUSTBILL
SUM
CUSTOMER_ID NOPRINT
VENDOR_ID NOPRINT
-* ALTERNATE LINE COLOR
COMPUTE LN/I1 = IF LAST LN NE 1 OR 2 THEN
ELSE IF LAST LN EQ 1 THEN
ELSE IF LAST LN EQ 2 THEN
ELSE 3; NOPRINT
BY
BTN
BY
TERM1 AS 'TERM'

Expert
posted Hide Post
So, is AMOUNT a column in the table CUSTBILL on both servers?

Francis

posted Hide Post
Yes

Expert
posted Hide Post
Can you run the following code from that ad hoc screen:

TABLE FILE CUSTBILL
SUM
AMOUNT
BY BTN
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 100
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 100
END

If that works, try this:

TABLE FILE CUSTBILL
SUM
AMOUNT/D12.2CB
BY BTN
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 100
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 100
END

Then try this:

TABLE FILE CUSTBILL
SUM
BY BTN
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 100
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 100
END

Francis