Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Report Analyzer, how long in queue

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Report Analyzer, how long in queue
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

does soemone know where to get the Information, how long a Report took in the Queue (more than just the Report caster log) ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Could you be more specific? Are you asking about report caster jobs, differed execution jobs or jobs you run live? Do you have Resource Analyzer feature? Have you looked at the Reporting Server log files? There are a bunch of logs like Workspace logs and traces that track activities but you'll need to have access to the reporting server console.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It's just about Report Caster Jobs. We use Resource Analyzer, and the logs I mean are the logs of my Report Caster Job.

But in generel: where can I see how Long a Report spend in a waiting Queue, beacause there have been not enough agents to run my Request..

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Jenni

I am not aware of a report that shows how long jobs have sat in the queue but I will research that more. In the mean time if the issue is not having enough agents that can be resolved. By default report caster allows 3 agents to run be used by rc at any point in time. A lot of customers set up a separate data service in the reporting server to be used by rc allowing more agents. Then under the rc configuration change the data service to be used and increase the number of agents.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Jenni

According to the product manager release 8.2.03 now reports how long a job was in the queue in the reportcaster log for each schedule. If you are on a earlier release it does not report that information.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Great @FP Mod Chuck, we are already testing 8203.

Where can I see how Long a Job is queued?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Jenni

It is at the very beginning of the log for the schedule being run. My example below shows it ran immediately..

Job placed in the waiting queue at 2018-08-03 07:21:01.080-0600 (1,533,302,461,080)
Job started running at 2018-08-03 07:21:01.080-0600 (1,533,302,461,080)
Job remained in waiting queue for 0.0 seconds

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
ok, but that log is already existing in 8105, and not new with 8203

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs