Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Closed]Restful and ChangeManagement
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[Closed]Restful and ChangeManagement
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

I am trying to create a change management package using restful services. I didn't find how we can create a 'New Scenario' using restful. I see if the Scenario exists then we can use restful services to export.

I have a list of FEX/MASTER/HTML etc file names in excel and want to create a CM package for all those files through an automated process. I was looking at Restful service options to do this. But unfortunately, I did not find any info on how we can create a New Scenario for ChangeManagement, Add files to that Scenario and Save it before we export.

Anyone having any ideas please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Rao.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rao D,

WebFOCUS - ver8201
[ReportingServers: Windows 64bit;
Client: tomcat and IIS on windows 2012
AppStudio

Posts: 103 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: November 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Is it an option to select the folder with children instead of selecting the content individually?

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 381 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Frans,

No, We can't select the entire folder as there may be n number of files in that folder but we should deploy only the files that are related to the release.

Thanks,
Rao.

WebFOCUS - ver8201
AppStudio

Posts: 103 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: November 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Rao

If this is still an issue please open a case with techsupport.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 1498 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,

I will raise a ticket. Thanks!

WebFOCUS - ver8201
AppStudio