Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Portal not showing Resource Tree page to restricted users

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Portal not showing Resource Tree page to restricted users
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hi,

Hoping that someone will be able to help me on this since I cannot figure out myself and have spend a lot of time searching how to fix it and tried several ways to configured...

I have a secured Portal with 3 tab (pages).
Some tab (pages) are not "available" to all (page 2 and 3 are restricted). So using the BI Security I have restricted the view of those tab to a specific user group.
Up to there, all goes fine. The users that should not see the restricted tab do not and the others do.

My issue start with the restricted user that should only see the allowed tab (page 1). In that tab I have the "Resource Tree Content". But it is not displayed !!!
If I want it displayed, I need to have another tab from the Portal also displayed (I need two unrestricted pages).

It doesn't seems to be an access issue since if the restricted users access the BI with the default BIP (not my portal) they see the default Resource Tree content and are able to list/run reports.
And non-restricted users can see all three tab from the Portal and have the Resource Tree displayed.

Hope that it's clear enough...

Anybody have an idea where to look at or what could I've missed ?

Regards,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
MartinY

I am looking at 8202M. The only thing I can think of is for the Resource Tree object check the content tab of the properties for the run location. On mine it shows a panel on the same tab as the resource tree.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Chuck but this is not the solution.

The "Properties/Content/Run Location" is to set where the selected report from the Resource Tree will be executed/displayed : the Output location in other words.

My issue is that the Resource Tree is not displayed at all for restricted users.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It is now working.

What did I do ? I don't know...

Was it a question of cache ? Cannot confirm.
The only thing that I know is that today it work as it should when yesterday it wasn't (I did test back after Chuck's answer).

Another IB great mystery...

In Focus since 2007