I have an HTML page (I’ll call it the Menu) which has several objects. Each object is a hyperlink, which opens a new HTML page. I want to add a new hyperlink on the Menu. The new link will open a new HTML page. The Menu is in the folder called Interfaces. The HTML page I want the new link on the Menu to open is in a subfolder of Interfaces. The subfolder is called ContractAdmin.
I copied an existing object on the Menu to create the new object - that way the font and color, etc is how I want it. I can easily modify the text to describe the new report. But I’m having problems with the hyperlink for the new object. These are the steps I did:
1. Requests & Data Sources panel.
2. Added a new request (the default name is Request9).
3. Right clicked Request9.
4. External Request.
6. The Open File window opened to the interfaces folder with all of its subfolders underneath it on the left hand side (all the folder/subfolder names are lower case).
7. Selected the contractadmin subfolder.
8. From the listing of HTML pages on the right hand side belonging to the contractadmin subfolder, I selected the HTML page I want - PBCA_VendorContractDD.htm (note: all the HTML pages on the right are in mixed case).
9. The HTML page name appeared in the File name box.
10. Hit [OK].
11. It took me back to the Requests & Data Sources panel.
12. Request9 automatically changed to PBCA_VendorContractDD.htm.
13. Selected the PBCA_VendorContractDD request and right clicked and selected Open.
14. Presumably, PBCA_VendorContractDD.htm should open in a new tab in the canvas.
15. A new tab did open and its name was PBCA_VendorContractDD. However, the canvas was completely empty.
16. When I hovered over the tab name it showed the full path of the HTML page. But (just showing the last part of the path) it had /APPPATH/interfaces/PBCA_VendorContractDD.htm.
17. However based on what I selected in the GUI it should say /APPPATH/interfaces/contractadmin/PBCA_VendorContractDD.htm.
18. In other words, it’s pointing to a non-existent HTML page in the interfaces folder. That's probably why the canvas is empty.
19. I then edited the HTML page using Notepad to change ibiapp_app="interfaces" to ibiapp_app="interfaces/contractadmin" but that didn't do anything when I ran the HTML page menu. I also reversed the slash and played with the case spelling. Nothing worked.
Do you know how I can get WebFocus to recognize the full path based on what I selected in the GUI?
MarkThis message has been edited. Last edited by: folkie,
Windows Server 2016
Does PBCA_VendorContractDD.htm open if you move it to /APPPATH/interfaces?
WebFOCUS 8.2.03 - Production
WebFOCUS 8.2.04 - Sand Box
Windows 2012 R2 Server
HTML, PDF, Excel
In FOCUS since 1980
After copying the HTML file to the Interfaces folder, yes, it opens if I right click the request in the Requests & Data Sources panel. And the tool tip has the (now) correct path (no sub-folder).
However, I don't want the HTML page in the Interfaces folder. I want it in the sub-folder from where it originally let me select it.
Additionally, even when it's in the Interfaces folder and it Opens in the Requests & Data Sources panel, when I run the Menu HTML page and I click on that new object, it takes me to an Apache Tomcat page, not the new HTML page. Which leads to a long-standing question since we got App Studio a few months ago about how to find what hyperlinks go with what objects on an HTML page. It was so easy and quick in Developer Studio. But I assume I need to do more to "link" the new object on the Menu to the Request (and ideally get the HTML/Request in the sub-folder). Maybe that's in the Tasks & Animations panel?
Windows Server 2016
Never mind. I figured it out. My questions were based on working on my Menu (HTML page) created in a previous version of WF using Dev Studio. I don't remember what those objects were called, but I was able to add hyperlink properties to them years ago. The names of the objects started with ITEM (such as ITEM1, ITEM2.....). And I think in other, older HTML pages, objects had other names where I could still add hyperlinks to them.
But here in App Studio in version 8.2, I have to click the Hyperlink button in the ribbon to create a hyperlink object. Maybe we can have hyperlinks in other objects but I didn't try. But copying an existing object created years ago to create a new object didn't work.
Once I was using a Hyperlink object, I was able to link to the HTML page in a sub-folder (& also the main folder). There are still more steps and panels involved than creating a hyperlink in Dev Studio, but at least it's working now.
Now, if I only knew how to put [SOLVED] in the subject.
Windows Server 2016
Edit your first entry into the post and the heading will be available to edit.
Thank you for using Focal Point!
Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
|Powered by Social Strata|