Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] how do I link to an HTML page in a sub-folder

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] how do I link to an HTML page in a sub-folder
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have an HTML page (I’ll call it the Menu) which has several objects. Each object is a hyperlink, which opens a new HTML page. I want to add a new hyperlink on the Menu. The new link will open a new HTML page. The Menu is in the folder called Interfaces. The HTML page I want the new link on the Menu to open is in a subfolder of Interfaces. The subfolder is called ContractAdmin.

I copied an existing object on the Menu to create the new object - that way the font and color, etc is how I want it. I can easily modify the text to describe the new report. But I’m having problems with the hyperlink for the new object. These are the steps I did:

1. Requests & Data Sources panel.
2. Added a new request (the default name is Request9).
3. Right clicked Request9.
4. External Request.
5. Html….
6. The Open File window opened to the interfaces folder with all of its subfolders underneath it on the left hand side (all the folder/subfolder names are lower case).
7. Selected the contractadmin subfolder.
8. From the listing of HTML pages on the right hand side belonging to the contractadmin subfolder, I selected the HTML page I want - PBCA_VendorContractDD.htm (note: all the HTML pages on the right are in mixed case).
9. The HTML page name appeared in the File name box.
10. Hit [OK].
11. It took me back to the Requests & Data Sources panel.
12. Request9 automatically changed to PBCA_VendorContractDD.htm.
13. Selected the PBCA_VendorContractDD request and right clicked and selected Open.
14. Presumably, PBCA_VendorContractDD.htm should open in a new tab in the canvas.
15. A new tab did open and its name was PBCA_VendorContractDD. However, the canvas was completely empty.
16. When I hovered over the tab name it showed the full path of the HTML page. But (just showing the last part of the path) it had /APPPATH/interfaces/PBCA_VendorContractDD.htm.
17. However based on what I selected in the GUI it should say /APPPATH/interfaces/contractadmin/PBCA_VendorContractDD.htm.
18. In other words, it’s pointing to a non-existent HTML page in the interfaces folder. That's probably why the canvas is empty.
19. I then edited the HTML page using Notepad to change ibiapp_app="interfaces" to ibiapp_app="interfaces/contractadmin" but that didn't do anything when I ran the HTML page menu. I also reversed the slash and played with the case spelling. Nothing worked.

Do you know how I can get WebFocus to recognize the full path based on what I selected in the GUI?

Thanks,
Mark

This message has been edited. Last edited by: folkie,

WF 8.2.02
App Studio
DataMigrator
ReportCaster
Windows Server 2016

Posts: 42 | Registered: September 08, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Does PBCA_VendorContractDD.htm open if you move it to /APPPATH/interfaces?

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 - Production
WebFOCUS 8.2.04 - Sand Box
Windows 2012 R2 Server
HTML, PDF, Excel
In FOCUS since 1980

Posts: 115 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: April 07, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
After copying the HTML file to the Interfaces folder, yes, it opens if I right click the request in the Requests & Data Sources panel. And the tool tip has the (now) correct path (no sub-folder).

However, I don't want the HTML page in the Interfaces folder. I want it in the sub-folder from where it originally let me select it.

Additionally, even when it's in the Interfaces folder and it Opens in the Requests & Data Sources panel, when I run the Menu HTML page and I click on that new object, it takes me to an Apache Tomcat page, not the new HTML page. Which leads to a long-standing question since we got App Studio a few months ago about how to find what hyperlinks go with what objects on an HTML page. It was so easy and quick in Developer Studio. But I assume I need to do more to "link" the new object on the Menu to the Request (and ideally get the HTML/Request in the sub-folder). Maybe that's in the Tasks & Animations panel?

Thanks,
Mark

WF 8.2.02
App Studio
DataMigrator
ReportCaster
Windows Server 2016

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Never mind. I figured it out. My questions were based on working on my Menu (HTML page) created in a previous version of WF using Dev Studio. I don't remember what those objects were called, but I was able to add hyperlink properties to them years ago. The names of the objects started with ITEM (such as ITEM1, ITEM2.....). And I think in other, older HTML pages, objects had other names where I could still add hyperlinks to them.

But here in App Studio in version 8.2, I have to click the Hyperlink button in the ribbon to create a hyperlink object. Maybe we can have hyperlinks in other objects but I didn't try. But copying an existing object created years ago to create a new object didn't work.

Once I was using a Hyperlink object, I was able to link to the HTML page in a sub-folder (& also the main folder). There are still more steps and panels involved than creating a hyperlink in Dev Studio, but at least it's working now.

Now, if I only knew how to put [SOLVED] in the subject.

Thanks,
Mark

WF 8.2.02
App Studio
DataMigrator
ReportCaster
Windows Server 2016

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Folkie

Edit your first entry into the post and the heading will be available to edit.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post