Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] FOC030
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I'm getting the following error message when trying to use one as a by. I'm not sure how to fix this.

0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 107 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC030) ALL VERB OBJECTS MUST BE IN THE SAME PATH AS THEIR SORT FIELDS

Any and all help is greatly apprciated.

Ana

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Server: WINXP

Posts: 121 | Registered: September 20, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do you have a join with this Report? You can try changing it to a unique join...or Take all the fields you need an put them in a hold file...then you can sort the hold file anyway you choose for the report request.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes I do have a join. I do a hold from this one but if I need to I will add an extra hold file.

JOIN
CL_ACTS_COMM_W.CL_ACTS_COMM_W.CLM_NO IN CL_ACTS_COMM_W TO MULTIPLE
CL_AUTO_LINE_W.CL_AUTO_LINE_W.CLM_NO IN CL_AUTO_LINE_W AS J3
END
JOIN
CL_CLMNT_ASSGNMNT_W.CL_CLMNT_ASSGNMNT_W.CLM_NO IN CL_CLMNT_ASSGNMNT_W AS J4
END
JOIN
CL_CLMNT_PROP_DMG_W.CL_CLMNT_PROP_DMG_W.CLM_NO IN CL_CLMNT_PROP_DMG_W AS J5
END
JOIN
CL_AUTO_INFO_W.CL_AUTO_INFO_W.CLM_NO IN CL_AUTO_INFO_W AS J6
END

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Server: WINXP

Posts: 121 | Registered: September 20, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ana,

Prarie is correct. The standard way to avoid this message is to either make the offending join unique (remove the ALL) or to restructure the query.

As for the hold file, creating another one is no biggie unless they are horribly huge. They just go into edatemp and are deleted after request is complete. Just print your BY fields instead of sorting by them.

Since we don't have your code or the masters, it is difficult to say if you could restructure your report to avoid the message. My technique is to print all the masters and the focexec. Then using different colored markers, I highlight each of the masters in a unique color and then color the fields in the report with the matching color. You can then easily see where in your join structure the fields are coming from. Sometimes this little exercise makes a solution easier to discern.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You have what I call a horizontal join. If you can do what I call a vertical join, cl_acct_comm_w to cl_auto_line_w to cl_clmnt_assigmnt_w to cl_clmnt_prop_dmg_w to cl_auto_info_w or something similar, a hold file is you option with only 'by' from the cl_accts_comm_w as Ginny Says. Depending on your selection the file size can vary. Also with the join structure you have you also need to watch for the infamous 'testing in independent sets of data' issue.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
If it gives you the same result you could also try BY TOTAL on your field. At the time the BY TOTAL is processed all verb objects are now in the internal matrix.

ttfn, kp

Access to most releases from R52x, on multiple platforms.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
So are we saying that WF is unable to sort a result set containing a parent-child relationship by a field in the child table? I have join that is like:

join flda in tbla to multiple fldb in tblb as j0 

I can make it join unique but that doesn't give me the right result.

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Not quite Mac. What they're saying would be like joining file a to file b and file a to file c, then printing a field from each file sorted by a field from c. Field B cannot be sorted by field C as they are not all in the same path.

Now if you joined file a to b and file b to c, then all fields would be in the same path. Clear as mud?

Esdiest way to see this is to use CHECK FILE FILENAME PICTURE which shows the files in the path in visual form (more or less) so you can physically see the path.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Here's an example from CAR and you can see the relationships between segment (or files).

1SECTION 01
 STRUCTURE OF FOCUS    FILE CAR      ON 08/05/08 AT 14.50.05
 ORIGIN
 01      S1
 *COUNTRY     **I
 I
 I
 I
 I COMP
 02    I S1
 *CAR         **
 I
 +-----------------+-----------------+
 I                 I                 I
 I CARREC          I WARANT          I EQUIP
 03    I S1        06    I S1        07    I S1
 *MODEL       **   *WARRANTY    **   *STANDARD    **
 I
 I
 I
 I BODY
 04    I S1
 *BODYTYPE    **
 *SEATS       **
 *DEALER_COST **
 *RETAIL_COST **
 I
 I
 I
 I SPECS
 05    I U
 *LENGTH      *
 *WIDTH       *
 *HEIGHT      *
 *WEIGHT      *

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I searched my issue and found your reply. This fixed my problem. Thanks for the info.

quote:
Originally posted by MacLonghorn:
So are we saying that WF is unable to sort a result set containing a parent-child relationship by a field in the child table? I have join that is like:

join flda in tbla to multiple fldb in tblb as j0 

I can make it join unique but that doesn't give me the right result.

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.1.05
Windows 7 Professional
IE 11 and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m.
Mostly HTML, PDF, Excel, and AHTML

Posts: 272 | Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: September 30, 2010Report This Post