Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] EDA 43 Copy Manager Server: Where is the source database configuration info?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] EDA 43 Copy Manager Server: Where is the source database configuration info?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I'm using EDA 43 Copy Manager Server which I realize is a fairly old version. What I want to do is determine how the EDA Server is configured to talk to the database server it's pointing to.

In particular,I'm trying to find the database server name and the database name, that Copy Manager is extracting data from.. I've looked at the settings and configurations referred to in these two places:

Copy Manager
Workspace Manager Web Console

But I don't see what I need. If it is in one (or both) of these places, where should I be looking? If it isn't in either place, where else might I find this information?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi gcarterIT,

Documentation for EDA release 43 Copy Manager configuration files can be found at:

Configuration File Reference

For the pages that don't have links, you can use the gray buttons at the top right of each page to navigate forward and backward.

If the configuration files don't yield the information that you're looking for, the Copy Manager log files may.

Cheers!

Kathryn

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kathryn, I'll take a look at your reference.

I looked at some documentation from the previous user. She made reference to communicating to the iWay Server which I believe is on the mainframe that Copy Manager is using for its source of data. So I figure somewhere there is a profile or configuration file that indicates how the Copy Manager server is connected to the iWay server. I think that will anwser my ultimate question.

Any comments?

Thanks again.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
"Fairly old" is a bit of an understatement. The last Copy Manager release was 4.3.6 which was functionally stabilized in September 2004.

However some things never change. Database connection strings are are generally found in your server profile edasprof.prf (although they could also be set in a user profile or a stored procedure). Look in your conf/etc directory for a line starting SQL engine SET ...

If the data source is on a sub-server look ath the profile there.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post