Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Accepting date from the user.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Accepting date from the user.
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

I have a parameter ENTER_YEAR that I need to accept from the user and use it my query.

When the user is prompted I want to default it to the current year(i.e 2004) but give them the ability to change it if they want data for another year. What statements do I need to use in my fex code to be able to do this?.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Posts: 176 | Location: Desplaines | Registered: August 05, 2004Report This Post
<Vipul>
posted
Hey I am posting part of my code for the dropdown box. This will give you an idea:

see the call to the program you will need to handle the year in your program. I will give you a simpler exapmle later.

ALIGN="left"
onload="load_brn();" ><

-->

input type='hidden' name =3D "BRANCH" value= "">

< !---
--->-- --->

< !--- --->

< !--- --->

< !---

< !---

< !---

Division
< !---
Division
Region
District
Area
Branch

onClick ="load_brn();reset_rgn();reset_dist();
reset_area();">
Branch

<script>
// Setup variable references to the 4 lists
var DIV=document.RRM.DIVISION;
var GRP=document.RRM.GROUP;
var RGN=document.RRM.REGION;
var DIST=document.RRM.DISTRICT;
var AREA=document.RRM.AREA;
var BRN=document.RRM.BRANCH;

< !--- Part II end -->
Vipul

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If you have a launch page, then:
< input type="text" name="ENTER_YEAR" value="2004" maxlength="4" size="4">
should do it for you, just a text box, initialized with a value, overridden by just typing over it.

are you just running a fex with no html launch page? Its not quite clear to me from your question. if so, then the user is responding to prompts?
then
-DEFAULT &ENTER_YEAR = '2004';
The default statement will induce a prompt.
then in your fex, something like this:
IF ENTER_YEAR IS &ENTER_YEAR

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Susannah,

The statement

-DEFAULT &ENTER_YEAR = '2004';

Will cause it to display the year 2004 even if I run it in 2005, how do I default it to the current system year?

Posts: 176 | Location: Desplaines | Registered: August 05, 2004Report This Post
<Vipul>
posted
&DATE will give you current date

Then use the date functions to exctract the year

Vipul

Report This Post