Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     WF Maintain -- Amper Variables Not Welcome In EDASPROF with call to MNTCON?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WF Maintain -- Amper Variables Not Welcome In EDASPROF with call to MNTCON?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
It appears that the logic I have in my server profile fails when a call is made to a Maintain screen via MNTCON. In particular, my inclusion of the amper-variable &IBIMR_domain crashes the profile run. Please note that it works just fine for report calls -- the variable is being passed correctly.

Is there something I need to do differently to allow Maintain to run the profile like a report would? I kind of need amper-vars to be in the mix for this.

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We use user profile to create a temporary focus file, and load all personal profile information as well as variable contents into this focus file. Then Maintain get all required user related information from this temp focus file.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 118 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: June 12, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That's not my goal. I have the ampers passing into the Maintain with no trouble.

I want to make access decisions in the profile (originally I had it in a separate focexec that the client ran via _site_profile where the same problem occurred) and need to perform an IF statement on the incoming domain name.

J.

Master
posted Hide Post
John
Please post the code that is causing the problem. Either that or open a case with the Help Desk and we can take a look.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This is the code --

-IF &IBIMR_domain CONTAINS 'mdp' THEN GOTO SETCNCT;
-IF &IBIMR_domain CONTAINS 'madap' THEN GOTO SETCNCT;

-SET &ECHO=OFF;

-GOTO SKIPCNCT;
-SETCNCT
-TYPE MADAP Connection Established.
-SET &ECHO=OFF;
ENGINE SQLMSS SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES MADAP aixxxx\madapxxx/madxxxxx,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;madapxxxx
-GOTO THEEND
-SKIPCNCT
-TYPE MADAP Connection Not Established.
-THEEND

I've tried it in the _site_profile on the client and in the edasprof on the server. Maintain seems to ignore the _site_profile and throws an error in the edasprof. From the log --

10/02/2009 15:38:28 0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 16 IN PROCEDURE 'EDASPROF EDAPROF'
10/02/2009 15:38:28 (FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: &&IBIMR_domain
10/02/2009 15:38:28 request by t3rp5856 to notify disconnect of sesid=36

As you can see above I have tried it as a global variable, but also as a local. It does not seem to be recognized when Maintain is run. When a FOCUS call is made, a smoothy-silky run occurs.

Very curious.

J.

Master
posted Hide Post
John
When you are running a Maintain application that uses forms it is not like running a Table. If you want to get external values into the application you either have to pass them in or read them in. In some cases this can be done with the following syntax:

Compute value/a10 = IWC.GetAppCGIValue("FieldName");

Where FieldName is the name of the variable that you are passing in. This can read values from the cookies or that are passed.

Mark

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

Again, that's not the nature of the problem. I have my amper-variables in Maintain running just fine.

I need to ampers to function in the edasprof or in my _site_profile so that I can set appropriate connection strings for the run. It's to secure the data. Maintain does not seem to use these files the same way that FOCUS calls do.

When I make a MNTCON call the edasprof is not executing properly.

J.

Master
posted Hide Post
The best thing to do is to open a case and get the repro to the Help Desk. The EDASPROF should kick off when you run the application is run.

Mark