Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] App Studio calendar control current day

This topic can be found at:
http://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5317041276

August 11, 2014, 02:35 PM
J
[CASE-OPENED] App Studio calendar control current day
Anybody else select the Current/Start date option for calendar controls in App Studio only to find that it doesn't actually do anything?


Edit: This works in Dev Studio 8 ... just not App Studio

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J,


WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs
August 12, 2014, 09:24 AM
Francis Mariani
I'd encourage you to open a Tech Support case. I've opened six cases re App Studio, and this was after only opening the tool, before actually trying to create anything.


Francis


Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
August 12, 2014, 10:11 AM
J
Will do. I feel like I am having to do the same...


WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs
August 12, 2014, 10:57 AM
J
I have to clarify, this will run from App Studio. However, when I go to run it from the web menu (/ibi_apps) it doesn't work in IE10/11 or Chrome v 36. However if I created it via Dev Studio 8, it works...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J,


WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs
August 13, 2014, 10:22 AM
J
In the mean time I just add this code as a workaround since App Studio includes jQuery...
function onInitialUpdate() {
   $("#calendar2").datepicker( "setDate" , "+0d" );
}
It seems that the new jQuery calendar is what is causing the issue. The current date option works fine for the old calendar.


WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs
September 09, 2014, 01:18 PM
Moogle
Hi J,

Thank you for this work-around, it solved my issue. It's a solid method to hold us over until this is fixed.

Cheers,

Joey


-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows