Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Report Caster Failure on HTMLTABLE Report [CLOSED]

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report Caster Failure on HTMLTABLE Report [CLOSED]
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am having an issue where my report caster job is failing with the following error message.

Task error: UNABLE TO OPEN FILE CARDWH_DAILY SPECIFIED BY WEBFOCUS TABLE

I am guessing this is because this particular report has no records associated with it. As this is a daily report that runs for 4 different vendors, it is possible that a particular vendor will not have any records on a given day but i still need it to send out the other 3 vendor reports. When I run the procedure manually it works perfect but I cant seem to get it to send out the schedule. Ultinately I am fine if it either sends out nothing for vendors with 0 records or a message box indicating that the particular vendor has no records but I am not sure how I would go about doing either of those options.

Thanks,

-Luke

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Luke Forster,

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7

Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you considered the use of SET EMPTYREPORT ON within your report fex? This will always provide you with 4 reports and alleviate your problem, if the issue is, in fact, no records for a given report.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Another option is to check &LINES = 0 on the report file created. You can branch to a routine when no records exist and create a separate "Zero Records to Report" custom report for the vendor.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Have you considered the use of SET EMPTYREPORT ON within your report fex? This will always provide you with 4 reports and alleviate your problem, if the issue is, in fact, no records for a given report.

I didnt know that was an option, this works perfectly.

Thanks,

-Luke

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcorp:
Another option is to check &LINES = 0 on the report file created. You can branch to a routine when no records exist and create a separate "Zero Records to Report" custom report for the vendor.

I hadn't though of this and it would provide a cleaner final product than the Set EMPTYREPORT = ON. That said what i am currently building is more of a short term thing so Doug's solution is an easier change.

Thanks,

-Luke

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7