Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Input Control Chaining Not working in 761

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Input Control Chaining Not working in 761
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I have developed a HTML page in WebFOCUS Version 7.1.4 . It had dynamic input controls populated through FEX coding as XML.

It was working fine without any issues.

We are now in the process of migrating/upgrading from 7.1.4 to 7.6.1.

The HTML pages are not working fine. Few issues on board are

1)   is not working. It expects a parameter named nbsp while getting ran from MRE .

2) Chaining of controls is not at all working. The data is fetched and populated in List boxes, where in chaining is not working at all.

Anyone have faced any issues in this regard ? Any quick resolution for turn around ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5

Posts: 394 | Location: Chennai | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Ramkumar,
1. This issue is most likely due to HTML encoded spaces being written as & n b s p ; (pardon the extra spacing but the board interprets this literally). When WebFOCUS sees this, it interprets everything with an ampersand as a variable. So it is looking for a value for the variable nbsp.

2. Please PM me your email address, I want to send you a document I've written on getting dynamic chaining to work. It is a straightforward document using the CAR file and producing dynamic drop-downs that feed each other (drill-down style) and a report fex. It is specific to 7.6.11, so other versions may vary. I want to put this out to the group, maybe even write a TECHNIQUE on it, but would like others to help me validate/verify.

- ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your reply ABT. I have PMed my mail ID to you. Could you please help me with the document what you have...

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi ABT,

Could you please send me that document what you have mentioned? I have PMed u my mail ID.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Master
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I had your email address wrong. I just resent. Let me know if you do not get it shortly.

- ABT

WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
ABT,

Just an FYI. There were a lot of changes to the HTML editor between 7.6.1 ad and 7.6.11. I think it was in 7.6.10 that they went to a more xml oriented HTML editor. Here we are 7.6.7 and in testing 7.6.10 we found that we couldn't edit our webpages through the editor because it would chew up our code and throw it out while trying to replace it with the new xml. This of course wouldn't work and would cause us to have to re write the page.

Ramkumar there are some... shall we say oddities to the way 7.6.1 / 7.6.7 work with the chaining of controls, which may or may not have been solved in 7.6.11. if ABT's solution doesn't work for you, please post the HTML code for the chained elements. Some of the usual suspects that I check is to make sure that the chainnumber, inchainindex, and cacheruntimedata elements are populated properly. Most often for me, I have to turn off the cacheruntimedata by setting it to 0.

Eric Woerle
WF 7.6.7 Reportting Server
ETL 7.6.10
Dev Studio 7.6.7

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Eric,

You are absolutely right. The composer chews my code before. I have checked the chaining related attributes in my input elements. They seem to be right. But still issue is not resolved yeat. Here is my HTML coding, Please verify it.

<SPAN id=radio5 contentEditable=false style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; Z-INDEX: 144; LEFT: 140px; OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 120px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 170px; HEIGHT: 50px" tabIndex=1 columns="2" name="SEL_PROC_TYPE" datasource="rru_proctype_list.fex" displayfield datafield datatype="1" operation sourcetype="typeFex" cacheruntimedata="0" inchainindex="1" chainnumber="0" ibic_server="DW" ibiapp_app="revrep" newchainnumber="0">
<SELECT class=selectRollup id=SEL_RB tabIndex=2 name=SEL_ROLLUP_CODE datasource="rru_rollupbrand_list.fex" displayfield datafield datatype="1" operation sourcetype="typeFex" cacheruntimedata="0" inchainindex="2" chainnumber="0" ibic_server="DW" ibiapp_app="revrep" newchainnumber="0" addalloption="1" dynalldisplayvalue=" ">
</SELECT>
<SELECT class=selectBrand id=SEL_BRAND tabIndex=3 name=SEL_BRAND datasource="rru_brand_list.fex" displayfield datafield datatype="1" operation sourcetype="typeFex" cacheruntimedata="0" inchainindex="3" chainnumber="0" ibic_server="DW" ibiapp_app="revrep" newchainnumber="0" addalloption="1" dynalldisplayvalue=" ">
</SELECT>
<SELECT class=SelectFP id=SEL_FP tabIndex=6 name=SEL_FP datasource="rru_yrperd_rops_list.fex" displayfield datafield datatype="1" operation sourcetype="typeFex" cacheruntimedata="0" inchainindex="4" chainnumber="0" ibic_server="DW" ibiapp_app="revrep" newchainnumber="0" anchorpt="topleft">
</SELECT>
<SELECT class=SelectRegion id=SEL_REGION tabIndex=9 multiple size=3 name=SEL_REGION datasource="rru_region_list.fex" displayfield datafield datatype="1" operation="OR" sourcetype="typeFex" cacheruntimedata="0" inchainindex="5" chainnumber="0" ibic_server="DW" ibiapp_app="revrep" newchainnumber="0" addalloption="1">
</SELECT>
<SELECT class=SelectArea id=SEL_AREA tabIndex=10 multiple size=3 name=SEL_AREA datasource="rru_area_list.fex" displayfield datafield datatype="1" operation="OR" sourcetype="typeFex" cacheruntimedata="0" inchainindex="6" chainnumber="0" ibic_server="DW" ibiapp_app="revrep" newchainnumber="0" addalloption="1" dynalldisplayvalue="ALL">
</SELECT>

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi ABT,

Thanks for the doc. I am trying that out. Will let you know that.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ramkumar,

As a rule of thumb in our shop, once we have done custom coding for an html page, we stop using the editor because it tends to try to re write everything. We generally open it in the text editor instead to avoid this.

I see that you are getting your sources from fexes. Can you double check your fexes and make sure that you have it in XML format and is set up correctly? The next thing I would check is I would make sure that all of my Amper variables are being passed from one fex to the other for the dropdowns. If you can paste an example of rru_rollupbrand_list.fex and rru_brand_list.fex, that would be helpful as well.

Also are you on 7.6.1 or 7.6.9. In your signature you say 7.6.9 and above you say 7.6.1. I just want to make sure we are talking about the correct version because it probably will make a difference.

Eric Woerle
WF 7.6.7 Reportting Server
ETL 7.6.10
Dev Studio 7.6.7

posted Hide Post
7 1 4 and 7 6 9 are having more changes in the javascripts. and the file location in the server also different.

Replace the path for calling the .js file in the html pages of 714 as given in the 769 version. It should work fine.

nls.js
nlsvars.js
ibigbl.js

Wink

WebFOCUS 7 6 9
Windows XP
HTML, AHTML, PDF, EXCEL

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Senthil,

Thanks for the Reply.

The issue is not with the Javascript functions. They are working fine I guess. But the Chaining is not happening properly.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Eric,

Thank you again for your reply.

Yeah.. editing the code with the composer after writing custom code is not advisable.

Moreove I checked all my Fexes which generate XML for populating the input elements, and all is well. Even the data population is done properly.

But the problem is the previous values are not being passed properly to the consecutive elements, even though the &variable's name and the input element's name are absolutely the same. Chainig alone is not working.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Guru
posted Hide Post
But my big qn is The HTML page which was working very fine in 7.1.4 is not working in 7.6.11... Why this is happening? Why the backward compatibility is not taken care? Why we need to do code changes on every version upgrade ? Is this the right way ?

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

posted Hide Post
Post your full html page code... with all tags, xml and js.

WebFOCUS 7 6 9
Windows XP
HTML, AHTML, PDF, EXCEL

Guru
posted Hide Post
I found this Out and the issue is resolved now.

In multi level chaining, It is not possible to have a Where in TABLE FILE SQLOUT. Every where has to be passed in the SQL Query itself.

But the Mystery is why this happens between the newer and older version.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Guru
posted Hide Post
[SOLVED] Issue Resolved.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.