Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Page Designer in a portal

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Page Designer in a portal
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,
I have a requirement in which the user wants a set of global filters as well as page specific filters.
To accomplish this I created a global filters using HTML composer with on change Refresh BI portal task and Page specific filters using page Designer(auto creates if it has parameter in the procedure).I removed the auto created controls for Global filters from the page designer.Then I added the global filter page and my designer page to a collaborative portal.
The issue what i am facing now is the parameter values are not passing from the global filter page to the Page designer.
Have anybody experienced this before.
Please help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

webFOCUS 8206
Windows 10

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Siva

I think you need to leave at least the run button of the auto created controls and set the task on it to Refresh BI Portal instead of using the on change.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
Thank you.But the run button is auto-created in page designer.Is there a way to set a custom task for that button.

webFOCUS 8202
Windows 10

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Siva

What custom task do you want to do. It can run a fex which can contain anything you want.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
If i do refresh BI portal everything refreshes and it goes back to the initial stage in the Page designer.
What is the user chooses a filter from global set and one from local set and then hit run.It is going to set and run for local filter defaults.

Thank you
Sivakumar Gopi.

webFOCUS 8206
Windows 10

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Siva

I have never mixed two sets of variables for one run button before. You may need to open a case on this one if no one else has a suggestion.

posted Hide Post
The BI Portal Refresh feature used in HTML Canvas files created by App Studio works differently than the page filters (and the related Global Name feature) used in WebFOCUS Designer pages. As a result, you cannot use both features on the same page in a portal. I suppose you could use one feature on one page in a portal and the other in a different page in the same portal, but this doesn't seem helpful.

The filter controls on pages created by WebFOCUS Designer are (currently) managed automatically by the Designer page itself, based on parameters found in the content on the page. You can easily create a set of pages that have some controls (let's say Region and Date) that are "global" in nature across the pages, and other controls (let's say Product or Labor Type) that are specific to a page. To do this simply set the Global Name property to a common value for those controls you want to synchronize across pages. In this way you can "blend" global controls with page-specific controls in the same page filter bar in a way that is very intuitive to the user.

A couple points to keep in mind:
  • HTML Canvas files created in App Studio use a BI Portal Refresh API that is implemented by the BI Portal and which feeds parameters to content in BI Portal pages. Designer pages do not implement this API.
  • Filter controls on Designer pages are synchronized by the Global Name API which is implemented in Javascript running on the page in the browser. Because of this controls on Designer pages are synchronized when the pages are in a Portal or when they are run outside a portal from the Home Page or in an embedded BI scenario.

This is a good topic to discuss further in this Friday's webinar on Designer.

WebFOCUS Product Management
  •  
    Platinum Member
    posted Hide Post
    Hi Jim,
    Thank you for your suggestion.I will give that a try.

I saw that there is a webinar on Page Designer this Friday.But i didn't get a link where i can register for it.
    How can I register for that webinar?

webFOCUS 8206
    Windows 10

Virtuoso
    posted Hide Post
    Siva

The link hasn't been posted yet. I will post it as soon as it is available.

Platinum Member
    posted Hide Post
    Hi Chuck,
    Thank you

webFOCUS 8206
    Windows 10

Virtuoso
    posted Hide Post
    Here is the link to register for the Page Designer webinar.

https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/register/pfxsefvw

Expert
    posted Hide Post
    The Page Designer webinar has expired. Can that be reactivated?

WebFOCUS Designer Customer Experience Session: {"message":"Event has been expired"}.

Link: https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/register/pfxsefvw

Thanks, Doug

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
       Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
    Virtuoso
    posted Hide Post
    I am checking...

Silver Member
    posted Hide Post
    Hi Doug,
    Thanks for your interest in the Page Designer webinar. Please complete a quick survey to register. We would like to learn more about your experiences with WebFOCUS Page Designer. We are looking forward to hearing your feedback. You can access the survey at the link below.

https://www.questionpro.com/t/ACaznZcjxc

After you register, I can forward a link to the recent webinar.

Director, Technical Content Support Services

posted Hide Post
    i am facing same issue. any update ?

WebFOCUS 8
    Windows, All Outputs