Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Date validation using calendar control with App Studio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Date validation using calendar control with App Studio
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

I created a calendar control and set the "Selection & Validation" property to "Required/validate". When I enter an invalid date and move off the calendar field ... I get a popup window saying there is an error and the calendar field is hi-lighted ... but if I leave it as is and hit my Run Report button ... the invalid date goes to my report as a bad date. How do I get the calendar field to re-validate when I hit my Run Report button so the invalid date doesn't go to my report? FYI - I'm on version 8.2.01M

Thanks
~Jim

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.201M, Windows, App Studio

Posts: 227 | Location: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: August 12, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
jfr,

My suggestion when using calendar control is the set the Read Only property of the control to "Read only".
That way you avoid the possibility of an invalid manual date entry and avoid to re-validate the date before execution.
When you leave the ability to enter a date manually, you need to validate the date (is it a valid date), its separator (with or without dash, slash, ...) and format (is it MMDDYY, DDMMYY, YYMMDD, ...).
The format is the worst thing to validate : when the user enter 06/05/12, is it the date for June 5, 2012 or May 6, 2012 or May 12, 2006, ... ?

Reason why I forced user to select from the calendar control and not manually enter date. That way I know how the date will be returned to my fex.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi MartinY,

Yes, I agree with you on that but my requirement is to let the user input the dates as well as picking from the calendar. I was hoping there was a setting to make the dates get re-validated after I hit the Run Report button and before my report is executed. How do I make that happen?

WebFocus 8.201M, Windows, App Studio

Posts: 227 | Location: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: August 12, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Probably going to have to leverage javascript.

Here's a thread that may shed some light for you:
http://forums.informationbuild...821034762#8821034762

JC
WebFOCUS Dev Studio / App Studio
Windows 7

Posts: 146 | Registered: November 09, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As JC mentioned, you won't have choice to add java date validation in your run button function.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post