Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Issue with expandbyrow.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Issue with expandbyrow.
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I am creating the accordion report likes this:
Object ID | Description | Jan | Feb | March | April
001 | AAA | 100 | 200 | 300 | 400
0010 | BBB | 80 | 100 | 200 | 200
0011 | CCC | 20 | 100 | 100 | 200
There is an expandable feature in ObjectID. My issue is I can not put the Description of object 001(AAA) in the same row with the first sum row( the row of 001). The description just displays in the detail row ( the last row). I put SUM for Description and Month, BY for Object ID. Anybody have suggestion ? This is the result I got as the example.
Object ID | Description | Jan | Feb | March | April
001 | | 100 | 200 | 300 | 400
0010 | AAA | 80 | 100 | 200 | 200
0011 | AAA | 20 | 100 | 100 | 200
Thanks in advance.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Could you please provide the code for this - just the TABLE FILE that generates the accordion report.

I have worked on accordion reports extensively in the last three months and may be able to help.

Each BY statement becomes a level in the Accordion report. You may not be able to have DESCRIPTION as a column, but post the code and I'll take a look.

Please post your code between code tags:

[code]
your code here
[/code]

You can also post report mock-ups using the code tags - they usually look better because you can make columns line up:

Object ID | Description | Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr
001       | AAA         | 100 | 200 | 300 | 400
0010      | BBB         |  80 | 100 | 200 | 200
0011      | CCC         |  20 | 100 | 100 | 200

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Basically, my code like below.

SET EXPANDBYROW=ON
JOIN
 LEFT_OUTER SAP_PROJ.PROJ.PROJ_PSPNR IN SAP_PROJ TO MULTIPLE
 SAP_PRPS.PRPS.PRPS_PSPHI IN SAP_PRPS TAG J1 AS J1
 END
JOIN
 LEFT_OUTER J1.PRPS.PRPS_OBJNR IN SAP_PROJ TO MULTIPLE
 SAP_RPSCO.RPSCO.RPSCO_OBJNR IN SAP_RPSCO TAG J2 AS J2
 END

TABLE FILE SAP_PROJ
SUM 
     SAP_PROJ.PROJ.PROJ_POST1 AS 'Description'
     J2.RPSCO.RPSCO_WLP01/D12 AS 'January'
     J2.RPSCO.RPSCO_WLP02/D12 AS 'February'
     J2.RPSCO.RPSCO_WLP03/D12 AS 'March'
     J2.RPSCO.RPSCO_WLP04/D12 AS 'April'
     J2.RPSCO.RPSCO_WLP05/D12 AS 'May'
     J2.RPSCO.RPSCO_WLP06/D12 AS 'June'
     J2.RPSCO.RPSCO_WLP07/D12 AS 'July'
     J2.RPSCO.RPSCO_WLP08/D12 AS 'August'
     J2.RPSCO.RPSCO_WLP09/D12 AS 'September'
     J2.RPSCO.RPSCO_WLP10/D12 AS 'October'
     J2.RPSCO.RPSCO_WLP11/D12 AS 'November'
     J2.RPSCO.RPSCO_WLP12/D12 AS 'December'
BY  SAP_PROJ.PROJ.PROJ_OBJNR AS 'Object ID'
BY  J1.PRPS.PRPS_POSID AS 'Code'

Thanks Francis in advance.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
As far as I can tell, unfortunately, there's no way to make this work. As with other so-called advanced features, we're quite limited in functionality.

CAR example:

SET EXPANDBYROW=ON

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
BODYTYPE
WEIGHT
HEIGHT
LENGTH
WIDTH
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Francis anyway. I will do combine description with the code for now.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
hainguyen

I believe what you are looking for is something like this.

SET SUMMARYLINES = NEW
SET ASNAMES = ON

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
FST.BODYTYPE AS BODYTYPE
WEIGHT
HEIGHT
LENGTH
WIDTH
BY COUNTRY
BY MODEL
BY CAR
ON COUNTRY SUBTOTAL WEIGHT
					HEIGHT
					LENGTH
					WIDTH AS ''
ON MODEL SUBTOTAL	FST. BODYTYPE
					WEIGHT
					HEIGHT
					LENGTH
					WIDTH AS ''
ON CAR SUBTOTAL 	WEIGHT
					HEIGHT
					LENGTH
					WIDTH AS ''
ON TABLE SET EXPANDBYROW 2
END  

I've used this concept to acheive what I think you are talking about.

I had trouble with this as well untill I found someone talking on the forums here about how expandbyrow utilizes the SUBTOTAL values to display each level. Because of that you can manipulate the subtotals to get what you want. I hope this helps.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric for your suggestion. I tried but SET EXPANDBYROW 2 didn't let me put 2 expandable in the same row. The second field still jump down 1 level.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Hainguyen,

the command EXPANDBYROW 2 doesn't allow you to put 2 fields into 1 column, it sets the expansion level. So in my example it is telling the report to expand on country by default and show the line for model. the part that you are concerned with are the subtotal commands.

ON COUNTRY SUBTOTAL WEIGHT
					HEIGHT
					LENGTH
					WIDTH AS ''
ON MODEL SUBTOTAL	FST. BODYTYPE
					WEIGHT
					HEIGHT
					LENGTH
					WIDTH AS ''
ON CAR SUBTOTAL 	WEIGHT
					HEIGHT
					LENGTH
					WIDTH AS ''
ON TABLE SET EXPANDBYROW 2
END    

notice how MODEL is the only one with FST. BODYTYPE? This is how you need to handle your query. You should think of each expansion row as a subtotal (because that's exactly what they are). In a normal subtotal you would not see a value for the text field. That is unless you were to handle it like I do by specifying the text field and how to handle it in an aggregation.

I would think your code might look something like this

TABLE FILE ACCORD_RPT
SUM FST.DESCRIPTION
    JAN
    FEB
    MAR
    APR
BY OBJECT
BY ID
ON OBJECT SUBTOTAL 
                   JAN
                   FEB
                   MAR
                   APR AS ''
ON ID SUBTOTAL     FST. DESCRIPTION
                   JAN
                   FEB
                   MAR
                   APR AS ''
ON TABLE SET EXPANDBYROW ON
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END 

If you wanted to also show the description on the top level expansion row, then you would need to add the FST. DESCRIPTION to the ON OBJECT SUBTOTAL command as well. It might be helpful to read up in the help file on SUBTOTALS. Anything you can do with those, you can do with expandbyrow.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric for your detail explanation. Actually, I don't have any problem with SubTotal. What I am concerning is can I make two BY columns in the same level. For Ex:

TABLE FILE ACCORD_RPT
SUM
JAN
FEB
MAR
APR
BY OBJECT
BY DESCRIPTION
BY ID

Is there any way I can put OBJECT and DESCRIPTION as the same level when I expand it instead of I have to expand OBJECT first, then I can expand DESCRIPTION? Because in the report I am working on, one object just have one description but I have to display both of them. Expanding 2 times seems not the nice way.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs