Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     ReportCaster Weekly reports

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
ReportCaster Weekly reports
 Login/Join

<Ed>
posted
hi,

we are using reportcaster 5.2.3 along with webfocus.
We have scheduled many daily and weekly reports thru it and since the last 2 weeks the weekly reports have not been running.

If i schedule them manually thru reportcaster, it runs fine....but if they are scheduled to run (say every monday), the report doesnt run.

The daily reports are running fine.

can anyone tell me what could the problem be.

thanks

ED.

Report This Post
<casscott>
posted
Ed,

what messages (if any) do you see in the log for these reports? Are the reports actually not running or is it that the user does not receive their distribution. Also are the reports enabled to run (report displays on schedule list but is not checked for execution, this is controlled on the task schedule screen bottom left corner of screen)

Report This Post
<Ed>
posted
Cascott,

I had scheduled all of them for today morning, thru the mechanism tht u hv mentioned. But it didnt run.

It is not showing me any error in the log, infact its not being shown on the log. So, I guess its safe to assume that the reports are not running.

Also, after its scheduled run...it shows DISABLED in the 'schedule management'.

thanks

Ed.

Report This Post
<casscott>
posted
Ed,
i believe this to be the root of your problem. Schedule management disabled means this report will not run automatically until it is enabled again. Someone or somehow these reports have been basically removed from ReportCaster's scheduling process. To verify you should also see a red ball icon with a yellow check over it on the screen where you see "Disabled" if so then all you need to do is double click on the report and look for the "Enabled" check box on the lower left corner of the "Schedule" tab. you should see that is is currently uncheck. place a check mark in this square and then you reports will again be available to the ReportCaster scheduling process.

Report This Post
<Ed>
posted
cascott,

I did make all of them ENABLED, but if I close that window and open a new Schedule Management window, it again shows up as DISABLED.

Also, the daily reports show the same way...but they are running fine till date.

is there any way to stop this DISABLED thing from happening.

thanks

-Ed.

Report This Post
<WFUser>
posted
When you schedule jobs to run periodically, there is a START Date/Time and an END Date/Time. Check that the END date hasn't passed.

Report This Post
<Ed>
posted
yup.
the end date hasnt passed.

I hv verified tht.

-Ed.

Report This Post
<casscott>
posted
Ed,

Sounds like your update did not get saved to the reportcaster repository. lets take one report to work on.. what is the current schedule frequency.. weekly?

Report This Post
<Ed>
posted
yup.
every friday at 7:15 am.

scheduled it yesterday...
the schedule says the same....but shows Disabled.

-Ed.

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Ed, Help me understand.
1. If you shcedule a report to run once does it run.
2. If you schedule a report to run say hourly does it ever run, or it is immediately disabled.
3. All all jobs inside caster disabled?
4. If 3 is yes, be sure that there are no jobs that are accidently updating the BOTSCHED table.

<Ed>
posted
hey texas

Answers to your questions:

1. If you shcedule a report to run once does it run.

YES

2. If you schedule a report to run say hourly does it ever run, or it is immediately disabled.

I HAVE DAILY SCHEDULED REPORTS THAT ARE RUNNING FINE, ALTHOUGH IT STILL SHOWS DISABLED IN THE SCHEDULE MANAGEMENT SCREEN.

3. All all jobs inside caster disabled?

THE STATUS IS SHOWN AS DISABLED, BUT THEY ARE RUNNING. (EG: DAILY JOBS)

4. If 3 is yes, be sure that there are no jobs that are accidently updating the BOTSCHED table.

HOW DO I CHECK THIS ONE??

thanks

Ed.

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Do you have more then 1 report caster instance running somewhere?

Master
posted Hide Post
To Check the update I would do a search of the files looking for BOTSCHED

Expert
posted Hide Post
for help in reading the BOTSCHED file, look at the article on this focal point site (from the front page of focal point, where it shows developer's articles) called ZULU TIME. it will teach you how to read the BOTSCHED file and see whats really what.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Ed>
posted
thanks for your replies. will look into it.

-ed.

Report This Post
<casscott>
posted
Ed, this is somewhat confussing. please check to see if you have other scheduled jobs that may also be running these same reports.

Report This Post
<Ed>
posted
hey

this is still an issue.

here is wht i hv found out.
I have just joined this place and the product tht I am working on is least documented.

I have found out that there are scripts that make the jobs disabled and then after some proceeses are completed (database loads), then immediately schedule these jobs to run.

that is the reason, its being shown as DISABLED in the schedule management window.

Can anyone tell me a way to find out, where these scripts would be located. I mean, it should be taking the data from the BOTSCHED table, is there a way to find out the files using this table etc.

thanks

Ed.

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I would check with the DBA chances are that they have SQL scripts that do this. I do not believe that WebFOCUS / Report Caster provides this function out of the box.

Expert
posted Hide Post
ed, how about taking the bail-out approach,
delete the job
and rewrite it from scratch.
also, purgeing your LOG is a really good idea.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Ed>
posted
deleting a job is not possible...coz there are more than 250 jobs that are run weekly.

thanks

Ed

Report This Post