Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Coumpound Report
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

I am trying to make this example that comes with the webfocus documentation works but I am not able.
This example is supposed to generate a report that concatenate to other reports : Report1 and Report2:
When I run report 3 I got just the result of report 2 but not report1.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated

The code of Report1 is :
GRAPH FILE SHORT
SUM PROJECTED_RETURN AS 'Return on Investment'
BY HOLDER
ACROSS CONTINENT
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH 3D_BAR
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHEDIT SERVER
ON GRAPH HOLD AS SLSGRPH1 FORMAT GIF
END
SET COMPOUND='OPEN NOBREAK'
TABLE FILE SHORT
SUM PROJECTED_RETURN AS 'Return on Investment'
BY CONTINENT
BY HOLDER
HEADING
"Investment Report"
" "
ON TABLE SET STYLE *

TYPE=DATA, BACKCOLOR=( BY=B2 'SILVER' 'WHITE' ), $
TYPE=HEADING, SIZE=14, STYLE=BOLD, $
TYPE=REPORT, IMAGE=SLSGRPH1.gif, POSITION=(4.5 0.5), SIZE=(3.5 2.5), $
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END

The code of Report2 is:

GRAPH FILE TRADES
SUM AMOUNT
BY CONTINENT
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH PIE
ON GRAPH HOLD AS TRDSGR1 FORMAT GIF
END

-*SET COMPOUND=NOBREAK
TABLE FILE TRADES
SUM AMOUNT AS 'Amount'
BY CONTINENT AS 'Continent'
BY REGION AS 'Region'
HEADING
"Trades Report"
" "
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, IMAGE=TRDSGR1.gif, POSITION=(4 3), SIZE=(4 2.5), $
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

The code of Report 3 is :

GRAPH FILE SHORT
SUM BALANCE
BY CONTINENT
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH 3D_BAR
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLOR=RED,$
ENDSTYLE
ON GRAPH HOLD AS BALGR1 FORMAT GIF
END

SET COMPOUND=CLOSE
TABLE FILE SHORT
SUM BALANCE AS 'Balance'
BY CONTINENT AS 'Continent'
BY REGION AS 'Region'
HEADING
"Balance by Region"
" "
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, IMAGE=BALGR1.gif, POSITION=(4 6), SIZE=(4 2.5), $
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Majid,

Since you have 762, have you looked into using the PDF Layout Painter to combine your reports. You can find the documentation in the New Features manual for 7.6.

I recommend creating your reports and graphs separately in their own focexecs and doing an external reference in the painter.

Also hold your graphs with a 4character name in SVG format.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The most glaring reason - compound reports are for generating multiple reports as a single report - meaning that they are all in the same format. Your report opens a PDF report and creates report one in PDf format. So far, so good. Then you create report2 in HTML format. It will never get into your PDF document. And, it sends the report back to the browser - end of story. Then you close the PDF document but never run another PDF report so it has no way of returning a PDF document. Next you generate report3 in EXL2K format.

Not exactly sure from your code what it is you are trying to accomplish. Try changing all of the outputs to PDF (except holding the graphs - and I would suggest SVG format as Ginny suggests) and see what you get.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Also, if you want the output in Excel, you can use the PDF Layout Painter to do that. It will put each graph and report in its own worksheet.

I have done this in 762 and it works very well.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

This is not my code. I am just trying to follow the webfocus documentation. This code is in the documentation.
So if the code inside the documentation is wrong, what other documentation should I read.
I was trying to understand the compound reports chapter.

Regards.

Majid.

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Darin is correct. You can only produce PDF output with the compound syntax, not Excel.

If you want Excel, you'll have to use the PDF Layout Painter.

Ginny

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Majid

you are right, as to the documentation

page 1190
quote:

Combining Report Formats and Graphs in a Compound Report
This request generates a compound report from three different report types (PDF, HTML,
and EXL2K), and embeds a graph in each report. Notice that each graph is saved as a GIF
file in the graph request; the graph is then identified, sized, and positioned within the
StyleSheet declaration (TYPE=REPORT, IMAGE=graphname...) of the report in which it is
being embedded). Variations on the SET COMPOUND= syntax (OPEN, NOBREAK, CLOSE)
combine the three reports on the same page. Key lines of code are highlighted in the following
request.

It should be possible, and also this should work in 7.1.3, but my experience is that the format in the 3 reports should be all pdf, than you can be sure it will work, and also the pageformat can IMHO not be mixed portrait and landscape or letter and A4. At least in 7.1 that caused problems too.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We successfully mix landscape and portrait, but haven't tried mixed paper sizes

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post