Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] panels not appearing in App Studio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] panels not appearing in App Studio
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
In App Studio, in the View section in the Utilities tab of the Ribbon, I checked Properties, Settings, Tasks & Animations, and Requests & Data Sources. Until a few months ago, and after I figured out how to have all 4 panels in one container on the right hand side of the canvass (when editing HTML pages), maybe about half time I open HTML pages, the panels do not appear (or at least I can't find them).

There's a 5th item on the View section in the Ribbon called Thumbnails. I don't normally use that, thus that is usually unchecked. But, in trying to figure out this issue, when I do check Thumbnails, the Thumbnails panel does appear in the right hand side. And if I uncheck Thumbnails, its panel disappears. Meaning Thumbnails works as it should - too bad I don't use it. But in the last few months, the other 4 panels are not always working. Closing/reopening App Studio doesn't help. Sometimes rebooting (the next day) has worked.

I'm wondering if anyone has an idea to help me get the panels that I check to always appear. Short of that, is there another way to get to all the settings/info that are in these panels? I'm kinda stuck without those panels.

Thanks,
Mark

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.2.02
App Studio
DataMigrator
ReportCaster
Windows Server 2016

Posts: 42 | Registered: September 08, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
This seems to be a bug in AppStudio. For me, I've noticed that if I have panels pinned, and I move AppStudio to a different monitor that has a different resolution (in a multi monitor set up), that the pinned panels then shrink to zero pixels wide. To get them back, just move your cursor to the edge of the AppStudio window that had your panels, until your cursor turns into the col-resize cursor.

Then just click and drag it back to the size that you need.

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hallway,

I had already tried something similar, which didn't help. I use App Studio on a computer that I remote desktop into. I have 2 monitors, but the computer I remote into can only use 1 of the monitors. Thus, App Studio has always been on (the same) one monitor.

I usually have the App Studio window maximized. But I've made the window smaller to see if I could see the panels on the right hand side (where they are pinned when I see them). But whether I make the window smaller or leave it maximized, I don't get the col-resize cursor or see the panels when I have this problem. I didn't use App Studio yesterday. I tried it today, and (like Monday) there are still no panels.

Thanks,
Mark

WF 8.2.02
App Studio
DataMigrator
ReportCaster
Windows Server 2016

Posts: 42 | Registered: September 08, 2003Report This Post