Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] DRILLMENUITEM vs. HTMTABLE "fixed"

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] DRILLMENUITEM vs. HTMTABLE "fixed"
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I realized the other day that the multi-drill functionality simply didn't work when your output was to HTMTABLE. If you try it, you get a hyperlink, but when you click on it, nothing happens other than a javascript error. I thought "this has to just be a javascript problem". So by comparing a working version of HTML output vs. a non-working version of HTMTABLE output, I noticed some specific differences in the javascript that was being included at the top of the output. When I included those differences in an HTMLFORM in my report output, viola, the multi-drill functionality suddenly worked again!

Please note, this code assumes you're running in MRE and I have not tested this against any browser except IE. One thing to be aware of is that the MRE domain html file is in part of this code, so you'll need to tweak it to reference the appropriate file in your environment.

This example assumes that somewhere in your fex, you are holding your output as an HTMTABLE such as the following example:
ON TABLE HOLD AS EXPBYGRD FORMAT HTMTABLE

Then at the bottom of your fex, you'll need to include these lines in your HTMLFORM code:
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<script language='javascript'>
var ibiOptions = new Array("multidrill");
-*had to separate out this line to deal with the ampers -- also, tweak your domain htm file here.
var focexurl = "/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps" + "&" + "IBIC_server=EDASERVE" + "&" + 
               "IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF" + "&" + "&" + "IBIMR_drill=X,developm/developm.htm" + "&";
var fochtmlurl = "/ibi_html";
var serverLanguage='en';
</script>
<script language='javascript' src='/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js'></script>
<script language='javascript' src='/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js'></script>
<script language='javascript'>
ibigblloadCss(null);
</script>
-*the following lines are your report files that you've held
-*these need to be set to whatever report hold files you generated as in the example above
!IBI.FIL.T10INV;
!IBI.FIL.T10SPC;
!IBI.FIL.EXPBYGRD;
-HTMLFORM END

That's all there is to it -- hope that helps someone!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 230 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT HTML
not HTMTABLE
works like a charm.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's what Trav also said.
Point is, that sometimes you need to have more than 1 report in your htm page, and then HOLD as HTMTABLE comes into play.
Thanks Trav, for working this out, it may prevent some serious headaches here and there.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, HTML definitely still works just fine -- this is solely a solution to it not working with the HTMTABLE output. I'm not sure how & when other people are using the HTMTABLE output, but the most obvious reason is as GamP mentioned when you have multiple reports that you need to display in a single output frame. If you use HTMTABLE then you don't totally mess up the styling of the reports. Otherwise, if you CAN use HTML, then def. use it.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Trav. This was just the piece of code that I needed.

Paul

Paul Burridge
Senior Consultant
34 years with Information Builders
WebFOCUS 8.2.5 Win10

Posts: 17 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: February 21, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Glad I could help!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Just ran into this issue and your solution worked perfectly! Thank you for posting this!

Dev, SIT, UAT, Production:7.6.6
Dev Sandbox:7.6.11

Dev Studio - 7.6.6

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I've spent the past 2 hours trying to figure out this same issue.

Both of your solutions work, thanks for the find!

WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.02
Windows 7, All Outputs

Posts: 141 | Location: Mclean, VA | Registered: December 04, 2012Report This Post