Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Excel bytoc (tabbed) not working in Reportcaster?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Excel bytoc (tabbed) not working in Reportcaster?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
We have a report that has this line for output
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K BYTOC

which creates a spreadsheet with a tab for each value. When I go to reportcast this report, I select report output of excel 2000, and the report doesn't split into tabs like it does when I run it from developer studio.

Is there something I'm missing?

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jason,

When you select an output type from within RC that is the type you will get. Not the type that is coded within your fex.

Basically, RC strips your fex down and then parses into an adhocfex, and adding the relative code when it gets to the ON TABLE PCHOLD etc.

You will understand, therefore , that choosing FORMAT EXL2K will give you just that. No BYTOC and nothing extra.

And before you go to check, no there isn't an Excel 2000 BYTOC option in RC Frowner

You could always raise an NFR or use Excel templates which do not get affected by your choice of output because they are HOLD files and therefore not sent out to the end users.

Excel templates is the method that I would use, giving the email recipient a hyperlink to the relevant file on the network.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
try:
ON TABLE SET COMPOUND BYTOC
before your PCHOLD. ReportCaster should correctly separate the report into worksheets.

-SB

7.6.11, Windows
HTML, PDF, EXL2K

Posts: 5 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: April 22, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
blaiss, this works. Thank you!

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Just goes to show that how ever long one has used FOCUS/WebFOCUS there's always something forgotten / new to learn Wink

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
And that's why we go to Summit.... Music

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Jason,

Select EXL2K PIVOT - Microsoft Excel 2000 Pivot Table.xls from Report format dropdown in RC.

WebFocus 7.1.4 through Citrix,Windows/UNIX

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Chaitra, thank you. I located this forum after doing a search and your 'exl2k pivot' was the difference for me in my reportcaster job. Once I entered your suggestion, i was able to get a tabbed exl2k output. thanks.

Ira
aix 533 wf 537

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0