Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Looking for Google Maps Examples

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] Looking for Google Maps Examples
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi all,

I am looking for examples of a Google Maps application that uses a 'heat map' technique to plot data. Similar to the example shown here I want to use an overlay that has the polygons for State and / or Country. I don't need to go down to the Precinct level like the example but it's one of the best I've seen.

I don't know how the example in the link was created. I'm curious to see anything like it that was built using WebFOCUS with or without Flex.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

7.7.05M/7.7.03 HF6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 output to whatever is required.

Posts: 393 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan,

That's a pretty cool web page. Obviously done in Flex/Flash. I've done some stuff plotting our pending delivery location data on Google pulling data using WebFocus. I didn't use the Google stuff that IB provides to do it though - just called WebFocus procedures to make the XML and then pushed it into the Google APIs to map it. I got very good results too.

Have you used the WebFocus Google stuff from the HTML Layout tool? I build all my pages from scratch as I think the the HTML Layout tool has a lot of extraneous code in it and I get confused. :-)
Norb

prod:7.6.9, win2k3 mre, caster, bid, devstudio 7.6.9

Posts: 242 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: February 16, 2006Report This Post