Focal Point
[SOLVED]Graph Frame Seperator

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5417022486

October 13, 2016, 02:34 PM
evan.brown
[SOLVED]Graph Frame Seperator
I want to have a frame color separator that is not a whole number. In the documentation, it always shows the value in 00.0 format, which leads me to believe this is possible. In the code below, I want the frame colors to be separated at value 4.5, but they separate at 4 instead. Any ideas how I can get it to separate at 4.5?

GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM ACCEL
BY CAR
WHERE CAR EQ 'JENSEN' OR 'MASERATI';
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBAR
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setDisplay(getY1AltFmtFrame(),true);
setAltFmtFrameNumColors(getY1AltFmtFrame(),2);
setAltFmtFrameSeparator(getY1AltFmtFrame(0),4.5);
setFillColor(getY1AltFmtFrame(0),new Color(243,255,11));
setFillColor(getY1AltFmtFrame(1),new Color(255,0,0));
*END
ENDSTYLE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WF 8.0.08 (Prod); WF 8.2.06 (Dev)
October 13, 2016, 03:07 PM
Francis Mariani
I could be wrong but I've found that many commands that are available in the "WebFOCUS Graphics" syntax don't work in "WebFOCUS HTML5" charts (JSCHART).

Try commenting "ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART". If the "setAltFmtFrameSeparator" command works, I would open a case and have IBI explain why it doesn't work in "WebFOCUS HTML5" charts.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 13, 2016, 03:17 PM
Francis Mariani
Also, "setAltFmtFrameSeparator" is not documented in the 'Creating HTML5 Charts With WebFOCUS Language, Version 8.0 Release 08' documentation - though it is documented in 'WebFOCUS Graphics, Release 8.0 Version 08'.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 13, 2016, 03:43 PM
evan.brown
That does indeed look like the issue. When I commented out the JSCHART line, it worked fine. Thanks.

WF 8.0.08 (Prod); WF 8.2.06 (Dev)
October 13, 2016, 04:52 PM
Francis Mariani
I think it's an awful issue. You cannot take a chart beautifully hand-tooled in a prior version and expect it to work by changing the output format to JSCHART.

And you cannot use all the hard-earned knowledge of the prior version when creating a new JSCHART chart, even though the syntax allows you to add those commands.

Francis